The gajar halwa recipe given here is easy which makes low fat halwa without the need of khoya.
Recipe type: Low fat, cholesterol free
Preparation time: 60 minute
- 1 kg Carrots, grated
- 200 g Skim milk powder
- 400 ml Skim milk
- 150 g Sugar (or to taste)
- 15-20 Almonds, silvered and grated
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom seeds, powdered
- Soak almonds in warm water for 4-5 hours. Remove skin and grate. Keep aside.
- In a bowl take milk powder and add about 150 ml milk, slowly stirring. Dissolve all solids.
- Place a deep skillet (Kadahi) on medium heat and put about 250 ml milk and add grated carrots. Add half the sugar. Stir until all the milk evaporates. Add the powder milk solution of step 2 and cardamom powder and half of the almonds powder. Again stir until all the milk gets evaporated. Stir well so that nothing sticks at the bottom or at the sides of the skillet. Stir until the color turns to brown. Switch off the stove and add the remaining sugar. Mix well.
- Garnish with remaining grated almonds.
Serve Gajar Halwa warm or chilled.
The method can be quickened by making khoya (a href="khoya-recipe.html">How to make khoya) in advance and use it in place of milk powder and milk.
Calories In Carrots, Carrot Nutrition
Carrot is very nutritious with high potassium, calcium, phosphorus, dietary fiber and vitamin A. Because of high vitamin A content, carrots are very beneficial for eyes. One cup of cooked carrots contain 54 calories.
Protein - 0.59 g
Calories - 27 cal
Dietary Fiber - 2.3 g
Potassium - 183 mg
Calcium - 23 mg
Phosphorus - 23 mg
Magnesium - 8 mg
Iron - 0.27 mg
Sodium - 5 mg
Zinc - 0.3 mg
Copper - 0.052 mg
Manganese - 0.062 mg
Selenium - 0.2 mcg
Niacin - 0.503 mg
Folate - 11 mcg
Pantothenic Acid - 0.181 mg
Vitamin A - 13286 IU
Vitamin C - 2.8 mg
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 0.051 mg
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 0.034 mg
Vitamin B6 - 0.119 mg
Vitamin K - 10.7 mcg
Vitamin E - 0.8 mg
Healthy dessert recipes | How to make chasni | Khoya or Mawa recipe| Nutrition facts of Milk | Ras Malai recipe | Rasgulla recipe | Milk Burfi | Almond burfi recipe | Khajoor burfi | Kaju Katli recipe | Shrikhand recipe | Kheer Recipe | Gulab Jamun recipe | Carrot halwa recipe | Sooji halwa recipe| Moon dal halwa recipe| Kasaar Aata Gud Burfi | Besan ladoo recipe | Calories in Rasgulla | Calories in Gulab Jamun