Recipe type: Low fat, cholesterol free
Preparation time: 10 minute
- Cabbage, chopped coarsely, 2 cups
- Tomato, 1 cup finely sliced
- Onion, 1 Tbsp, rings
- Carrot, 1 cup, chopped into matchsticks
- Cucumber, 1 cup, chopped into matchsticks
- Green or red capsicum (pepper), 1/2 cup, chopped into matchstick size
- Button Mushroom, 1 cup finely sliced
- Celery stem & leaves, 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Lime/lemon juice 2 tsp
- Mint or coriander leaves, 1 Tbsp, minced
- Olive oil 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper, 1/2 tsp
- Combine cabbage, onion, cucumber, mushrooms, carrot, celery and capsicum in a salad bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vineger, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salad in the bowl and toss.
- Garnish with tomato slices and mint/coriander leaves.