Your Doctor will advise you on the thyroid medication and treatment if you have any thyroid problems.
Normal thyroid levels | Thyroid disease symptoms
Thyroid medications become necessary once a thyroid disease is diagnosed by thyroid test.
- Thyroid hormone replacement to treat hypothyroidism or thyroid cancer. The propose of this is to replace the thyroid hormone levels when the thyroid is underactive.
For the treatment of benign nodular thyroid disease or thyroid cancer, thyroid hormone replacement is given to suppress further growth of thyroid tissue.
Treatment for hyperthyroidism:Anti-thyroid medicines are given to treat hyperthyroid by decreasing the output of thyroid hormone from the thyroid.
- Radioactive iodine treatment
- Iodide Solutions are only given to treat Graves' hyperthyroidism. This can prevent the release of hormone from an overactive thyroid gland. It is given with an antithyroid medicine.
Thyroid Disease Treatment with Foods & Diet
The thyroid problem can be treated with natural thyroid medication and thyroid diet. Some herbs and homeopathic remedies are claimed to be effective in thyroid treatment. It is advised, however, to start a natural thyroid remedy under the supervision of your Doctor.
Shilajeet (Asphaltum puniabiunum)
Kanchanara - (Bauhinia veriegata)
Bladder wrack (Fucus vesiculosus) - a natural source of iodine
Kelp Sea Weed - contains iodine
Irish Moss - nourishes thyroid
Black walnut - rich in organic iodine and manganese
- Sea salt can improve thyroid functioning.
- Fish is iodine rich.
- Sea vegetables such as arame, dulse, kelp, kombu, nori, and wakame are iodine rich.
- Try to eliminate processed foods and refined carbohydrates such as white breads, cakes, biscuits, refined sugars, potatoes, etc.
- Include fatty acids such as foods high in omega 3 in your diet. They help the thyroid gland in thyroxinee production.
- Calcium, iron, zinc, copper, manganese are good for metabolic reactions in the thyroid.
- Eat foods rich in vitamins A, E and vitamins B, C.
- Include foods with vitamin B6 and B12 in diet
- If you have hypothyroidism, avoid caffeine and wheat.
Foods That Inhibit thyroxine Production
Inhibition can generate thyroid abnormalities such as goiter and autoimmune thyroiditis.
- Vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflowers, mustard greens, soybeans, etc.
- Polysaturated oils are said to inhibit the production of thyroid hormones.
- Soy isoflavones are inhibitors of thyroid peroxides, which makes T3 and T4.
The content on this website is reviewed regularly and is updated when new information is made available. The information provided is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always seek the advice of your Doctor.
Also Read The Following
Warning signs of diseases | Blood in urine during pregnancy | Brain tumor symptoms | Cancer Symptoms | Types of Cancers | Cancer fighting foods | Liver Cancer Symptoms | What is Mesothelioma cancer | Heart attack warning signs |Warning signs of Stroke | Prostate cancer symptoms | Kidney stones warning signs |Thyroid levels | Thyroid treatment | Urinary incontinence treatment | Urinary tract infection symptoms