You can know how many calories you can expand doing routine work using calorie burn calculator and chart given on this page.
Burn Calories Easily
- Clean your house, windows, garage, backyard, etc. by sweeping, scrubbing, moping, polishing. All these activities burn calories.
- Park your car 10 minutes from work or shopping mall and walk. This will also save you time in searching a parking spot.
- Use the stairs instead of lift or escalators in mall, office, station and home where possible. You can lose several kilograms a year if you daily walks up and down 5 flights of stairs a couple of times a day.
- Move! If you have a sitting job, get up every hour and walk around; go outside if possible and move round the building.
- Use the toilet /bathroom farthest from you in office every time.
- Get off the bus or train 1 or 2 stops early and walk that last part.
- Place your wastebasket on the other side of your room in office.
- Do not use remote of TV and DVD/VCR player.
- Listen to the TV/radio news while walking in your house in morning, evening or both if possible.
- Sit in a rocking chair. Tap your fingers and toes to music.
- Don't use the intercom, walk to the person and talk.
- Vacuum your house, clean windows, water plants, mow grass, spread your washed clothes on a washing line rather than putting in the drier, and iron your clothes yourselves. This will save money and you remain fit! As a bonus, your partner will be happy that you are doing all work yourself!
- Buy your own groceries and pull the shopping cart yourself to your home, if possible.
- Play soccer or any game with your family members and/or dog. Even 10 minutes throwing a Frisbee or chasing a dog will burn calories.
- Don't look for excuses for not doing any physical activity.
- Walk any distance that is within a kilometer. If you walk briskly, it is good for your waistline and heart.
How Many Calories You Burn?
Calculate calories that you can expand in different activities using following calorie burner calculator.