Healthy Weight Information
Weight Loss Tips
Calorie Burning Chart
Daily Calorie Burn Calculator
BMI Calculator & Chart
Natural metabolism boosters
Abdominal Exercises To Lose Belly Fat
Foods to avoid for weight loss
Body Fat Percentage Chart
Female Body Type Pictures
Ideal Body Weight
Waist To Hip Ratio
List of negative calorie foods
Fat Burning Food List
Homemade Bodywraps for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Home Remedies
Follow the healthy pain less ways for a permanent and easy solution to your weight and fat problem.
- Do not overeat: You should not eat after you are full. Eating extra food adds additional calories to your body. For example, if one dessert serving of 75 calories daily after meals for 10 years will give you extra 270000 calories, which will add about 20 kg to your weight! (how stop food craving).
- Eat slowly: You eat more if you eat fast, as it takes about 15 minutes for our brain to get the message from our stomach that we have eaten enough. If we eat too fast, we will eat too much before we even realize we're full!
- Eat protein: Include a low fat high protein food like tofu, beans, eggs, and low fat milk, yogurt or cottage cheese with every meal. The high-protein meals eaten early in the day stick with you and give feeling of fullness for longer time so you eat less. Soy protein is a very high-quality protein.
- Reduce fat: Fats have more than twice the calories than protein or carbohydrate! Our body converts excess dietary fat to body fat. Therefore you should restrict intake of high fat foods.
Keep total fat intake between 20 to 35 percent of calories, with less than 10 percent of calories from saturated fats and rest from sources of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids. Keep trans fat foods consumption as low as possible.
- Limit sugar & alcohol: Foods with a lot of added sugar and alcoholic drinks are just empty calories. They provide little nutrients to our body. Alcohol slows down the body's use of fat for fuel and the fat is likely to be stored in the body (Notice the fatty drinkers).
Avoid colas and coke drinks, they are full of sugar. Note that a can of cola contains 9-10 teaspoons of sugar. Read Sugar in liquors and foods high in sugar. Sugar foods and other refined carbohydrataes can cause coronary heart disease and raise craving (Reference)
Girls and young women, particularly younger than 18 years old who spend too much time on the internet, get too little sleep or regularly drink alcohol can gain in their body mass index (BMI) and weight, a study reported in the Journal of Paediatrics in 2008 by the researchers led by Catherine Berkey of Brigham & Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston.
- Eat a low carb diet: A low carb diet can help you lose weight faster than a low fat diet.
- Drink Water: Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Water is without any calorie, fat and cholesterol; and filling and refreshing. It is a natural appetite suppressant and also helps the body to metabolize fat. Drinking lots of water decreases the amount fat deposits.
If you drink less water, then body starts to store it thinking that there is less supply of water. If you drink water at regular intervals, then body starts to reject it, thinking that there is an oversupply of it. The body starts flushing water it was holding in your body.
Another consequence of drinking not enouigh water is that you are taxing your liver. The liver then can not metabolize fat efficiently because it has to do kidney's work as well which need lots of water to work properly.
- Eat fresh plenty of natural foods such as vegetables, fruits, & whole grains. These foods are packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber and are low in calories.
- Eat a low glycaemic index, low fat diet. Avoid white foods such as sugar, refined flour, white bread and white potatoes, and animal products from your diet. These are high glycaemic index foods causing dramatic fluctuations in blood sugar level.
- Drink Green Tea and coffee: Green tea contains powerful antioxidants called catechins and some caffeinewhich encourages fat burning (Green tea catechins, caffeine and body-weight regulation.
- Try to Increase metabolism: Eating metabolism boosting foods can help. Getting enough sleep can help to keep the hormones leptin and grehlin in balance which regulates your metabolism and appetite.
- A study in 2008 by Francesco Cappuccio of Warwick Medical School in the United Kingdom revealed that if you don't get enough of sleep, there is a fair chance you are going to put on weight, no matter which part of the world you live in.
- Eating a salad with low fat salad dressing is a very healthy recipes.