Recipe type: Low fat, cholesterol free
Preparation time: 15 minute
- Dana methi, 0.75 cup
- Chana Dal, 1 cup
- Yogurt, 2 Tbsp
- Lemon/lime Juice 1 tsp
- Green chili, 2 finely chopped
- Capsicum, 1 small size, chopped
- Ginger, 1/2 inch finely chopped
- Coriander, 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Olive or Canola Oil, 3 tsp
- Red chili powder, 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Dried mint leave coarse powder, 1 tsp
- Asaphoetida (Hing), 1 small grain or equivalent powder
- Boil 2 cup water and add fenugreek. Leave it for 15 minutes. Drain and wash with cold water 2-3 times.
- Take 2 cup water in a skillet and add chana dal and boil for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl take yogurt, add 2 tsp water. Stir and add red chili powder. Mix well.
- Heat a nonsticking skillet and add oil. Add hing green ginger, tomato and capsicum. Stir for 2-3 minutes, add yogurt mixture, stir and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chana dal, lemon juice and mint powder and stir for 3-4 minutes. Add fenugrek and mix well. Remove from heat and garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve hot with chappati, roti, tortilla, bread, plain rice, etc.