Why your body gives bad unpleasant odor? Try the given home remedies to treat your body odor including underarm, armpit and foot odor.
Most people think that body gives odor due to sweat. But this is not true as sweat does not possess any smell. It is the growth of bacteria in the presence of sweat that gives the unpleasant smell. All people have different body odour. The strength of odor depends on gender, personal hygiene, health, diet, eating habits, some illness and medication.
The body odor developes at underarms, feet, anus, vegina, pubic hair, groin and skin.
As odor is caused by the presence of bacteria in sweat, the best cure to get rid of odor is to pay attention to both of these causes.
Homemade Beauty Recipes
Homemade body scrubs
Acne home remedies
Acne scars removal
Get Fair Skin Complexion
Dark circles under eyes remedies
Homemade facial masks
Home Remedies for glowing skin
Foods for healthy skin
Facial hair home remedy
Blackheads & whiteheads home Remedies
Yoga facial exercises
Wrinkles home remedies
home remedies for dandruff
home remedies for grey hair
- Avoid Some foods such as refined sugar, white flour, red meat, hydrogenated oils (vanaspati), too much garlic, pickles and processed foods. Eat foods with fiber. Eat mint.
- Dilute some vinegar in water. Soak a clothe in it and apply on underarms.
- Baking soda is a good deodorant. Take some baking soda in your palm and add some water to make a paste. Rub it on dry armpits after every bath.
- Rub a lime under arms in the morning. It will keep you odorless throughout the day. You can also use lemon for private parts, and in between thighs.
- Rub a slice of potato under each arm a few times and let it to dry.
- Apply some ginger juice under each arm.
- Wipe the underarms with hydrogen peroxide and then apply talcum powder. Mix 1 teaspoon in a glass of water and wash the armpits. You can increase the amount of hydrogen peroxide if the odor persists.
- Extract some turnip juice and rub gently on the affected areas (dry) after shower.
- Keep some cotton pads soaked in rubbing alcohol. Wipe your underarms 3-4 times a day with these pads to kill the bacteria.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil in coconut oil or any other oil and rub on armspits to kill the bacteria. This will also improve odor.
- Every night, apply peanut butter on your under arms before going to bed.
- Soak yourself for 15 minutes in bath water with couple of cups of tomato juice or turnip juice in it.
- Add some powdered sage into boiling water and drink slowly to reduce perspiration.
- Take two 50mg tablets twice a day for a week. This will relieve you from odor.
- Drink 1 can of tomato juice per day for 1 week. The next week reduce to 1 can every 2 days. Your odor should go.
Remedy for Foot Odor
- Soak your feet in warm water with few drops of apple cider vinegar 2-3 times a day
- Sprinkle baking soda in the shoes and socks.
- Reddish is a good remedy to avoid foot odor. Make a juice of radishes and add 1/4 tspn glycerin. Use it as a spray on the foot.
Smelly underarms in teenagers
- Wash and scrub with an antibacterial soap under the armpits every day .
- Use a deodorant containing aluminium or zinc. These metals will kill the bacteria in the armpit fast.
- Wear cotton next to the skin. Cotton absorbs sweat efficiently.
- You should use an antiperspirant if you sweat excessively to block the sweat from coming through pores.
- Wash clothes more often.
The odor may be due to following reasons.
- Poor hygiene, excessive underarm and pubic hair
- Excessive sweating may be due to a medical problem. Some illness like kidney disease, fungal infections and liver disease can cause bad odor.
- Drinking alcohol
- Cigarette smoking
- Zinc or magnesium deficiency
- Cavities in teeth
- Some foods such as too much garlic and onion
- Women going through menopause and perimenopause may experience terrible odor due to lots of sweating.
Foods Causing Odor
Some spicy food can lead to excessive sulfur intake, which will be eliminated causing bad breath.
Excess consumption of dairy products can release of hydrogen sulfide and methyl mercaptan in the body causing bad smell.
Junk fodos high in hydrogenated oil (trans-fat, vanaspati), sugar, white flour (maida) and salt can lead to bad breath and body odour because these foods take longer to get digested.
Consuming soda, tea, coffee, alcohol and chocolate in excess may cause body odour.
Over-eating of red meat can lead to unwanted sweat.
Low carb foods can lead to excessive release of sweat in the body.
How To Prevent Body Odour?
- Always wear washed undergarments, during summer and winter as well. The odor always lingers on clothes. During prolonged rain periods, the clothes often don't dry properly and bacteria grow in them, giving odor. Don't wear such clothes.
- Shave or wax your armpits and pubic hair regularly.
- Have a warm shower twice a day with antibacterial soap.
- Antiperspirants clog sweat glands so don't use them. You can use alum.
- Use cotton socks to prevent excessive sweating of feet. This will prevent foot odor. Wear sandals in summer.