Face masks are useful in treating your skin problems. Natural ingredients used in masks can treat your facial skin disorders.
The purpose of a mask is to improve skin and outlook of the face, depending on the type of skin as following:
To absorb oil
To moisturize dry skin
To replenish dull skin
The mask is very nourishing. After applying a facial, you will feel fresh and people will notice your much younger looking face.
Get a beautiful face by using the given natural homemade facial masks recipes for men and women.
Facial scrubs recipes are also given. Homemade face mask and packs containing natural ingredients such as honey, mud, clay, avocado, banana, lemon, orange, papaya, mango, etc. are quick and simple to create at home.
Fruits masks hydrate and rejuvenate the skin, their very smell is quite de-stressing. Unlike the chemical beauty treatments, fruits are cost-effective and natural.
- Always test the mask, particularly if you have a sensitive skin. Apply a small amount behind your ear or inside of the elbow, wait for at least 30 minutes, then wash off. If there is no adverse reaction in the next 24 hours, then only apply the mask on your face.
- Rinse mask thoroughly with warm water followed with cold water.
- Don't apply masks more than twice a week.
- You should try to avoid area around your eyes and lips.
- Vary the ingredients to see their effects on your skin.
- If you have combination skin, you may apply a mud mask only over the T-zone, i.e. the center of cheeks, nose, center of forehead. and chin.
- Take a small amount of the mask on the tips of your fingers and apply it over your face and neck using a circular motion of your fingers. Start with your chin, move upwards and then outwards.
- Spread a thin and even coating.
- Leave mask to dry for at least 30 minutes. Do not use a dryer to dry it. Let it for air dry. You will feel as if your skin has tightened when the mask is dry.
- Splash water on your face and give gentle massage strokes on your face to remove the mask.
- Gel mask: Peel off from the forehead moving down.
- Mud mask: Dip a cloth in hot water and use it to remove the mask slowly. Pat face dry with a towel.
- Moisturizing or replenishing mask: Wipe off with a soft tissue paper.
Cleaning of face before applying a mask on face.
- Splash cold water on your face.
- Massage vitamin E on your face while your face is still damp (not wet). Remove the oil from the face using a mild soap after 5 minutes.
- Again splash your face with water at room temperate. Let your face dry naturally.
Note: You can do the above face cleaning daily even if you are not applying a facial mask.
Bases: The base is natural clay or gel. Clays are generally for deep cleansing. Gels are suitable for sensitive skin.
Green clay (argile verte): Suitable for all skin types (except sensitive skin), rich in minerals, antiseptic, cleansing, balancing, and, stimulating circulation lymph and blood.
Clays: Fullers earth - Suitable for normal-oily skins only, cleansing, and stimulating effect.
Kaolin: Suitable for normal-oily skins, astringent, detoxifying, cleansing, and stimulating circulation of lymph and blood.
Normal dry skin: lavender, sandalwood, Roman chamomile
Normal oily skin: lavender, juniper
Mature skin: Frankincense, neroli, rose otto
Sensitive skin: Roman chamomile, rose otto, German chamomile,
Purees are helpful for various skin conditions: fruit purees (strawberry puree will act like an alphahydroxy), cucumber puree (cools the skin), yogurt (cools and softens the skin), milk (removes dead skin cells and softens the skin), honey (acts as an anti bacterial).
You can add rose petal powder for fragrance, citrus peel powders for astringency, neem powder for anti bacterial action (especially useful for acne prone skin), oatmeal for soothing the skin, and milk powders.
Cucumber Facial MaskMake a paste by mixing one small cucumber and one cup of oatmeal. Mix one tsp of this paste with one tsp of yogurt (for oily skin) or milk malai (for dry skin) and leave for 30 minutes and then rinse.
Mash 1 whole cucumber, strain water, add 1 tablespoon of sugar and mix well. Put in a container, keep refrigerated and take out whenever you want to use it.
Apply on your face and leave for 10 minutes, then wash with cold water and enjoy the smoothness of your skin.
You can try it on other parts of body as a scrub.
Submitted by Erica,
rapmonkey1 at yahoo dot com.
Facial Mask for dry, oily, sensitive skin
Facial Cleanser Recipes
Turmeric MaskThis is the traditional mask, also used for a bride, seven days in advance of marriage.
Take in a cup half a cup of besan (gram flour), 2 tsp of turmeric powder, 2 tsp of sandal wood powder, 2 tsp of ghee or almond oil, add some water to make a paste. Apply to face and whole body and leave for 5-10 minutes. Rub with pressure with both palms and fingers to remove all the paste.
Honey Facial MaskRinse your face with warm water to open up the pores. Apply honey and leave for half an hour. Rinse with warm water, then use cold water to close the pores.
Masks For Oily SkinMix 1 tsp brewer's yeast with plain yogurt to make a thin mixture. Apply it thoroughly into all the oily areas and leave for 15 - 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, then use cold water.
Banana Mask for WrinklesBananas are rich in vitamin A, B and E and hence works as an anti-aging agent. A fresh mashed banana facial can do wonders for your skin.
Mash 1/4 banana until very creamy and apply on face and leave for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, then use cold water.
Avocado Facial MaskMash the meat of the avocado into a creamy texture. Apply it thoroughly on face and leave for 15 - 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, then use cold water.
Oatmeal Facial MaskTake 2 tsp oatmeal and 1 tsp baking soda and add water to make paste. Apply to face and all over the skin and rub gently.
Lemon MaskSqueeze half a lemon and mix the juice with one beaten egg white. Apply on your face and leave for overnight. Wash your face with warm water.
Rub the inside of a lemon peel on your elbow remove dark spots.
Clay MaskChoose the right clay for your skin type. Add plain water or floral waters or try wetting agents such as fruit purees. Make a thick paste of the clay. Apply the mask to your skin and let it dry for 20 minutes. Rinse well with warm water and pat dry. Repeat weekly.
Multani (Gypsum) Mitti Body MaskMake a paste of multani mitti adding water to the mitti powder. Apply to whole body and hair. Take bath after half an hour.
Grape CleanserSplit 2-3 grapes and rub the flesh over face and neck. Rinse with cool water.
Banana Face Pack for Dry SkinMash half cup of natural yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1/4 ripe banana. Apply this pack on face and neck and leave for 10 minutes and then rinse off.
Mango MaskRub mango pulp on your skin. The soft mango pulp has an amazing effect on skin due to its vitamin A contnet and rich antioxidants. It fights against skin aging, regenerates skin cells and restores the elasticity of skin.
- Blueberry MaskBlend a quarter cup of blueberries with 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon olive oil and apply to the face. Remove with a damp cloth after five minutes and wash with cool water.