Try the effective natural hair loss (alopecia) remedies that can prevent baldness and regrow beautiful hair. Causes of hair fall in men and women are also discussed.
Note: Most of the ingredients are available from Indian grocery shops. Many of the visitors to this page have reported that they have been benefited by the following natural remedies and treatment. Note that these are not listed according to their effectiveness.
Homemade Beauty Recipes
Hair Loss causes
How To Prevent Hair Loss
Hair care recipes
Hair mask for dry hair
Dandruff home remedies
Grey hair cureHomemade body scrubs
Acne home remedies
Acne scars removal
Get Fair Skin Complexion
Dark circles under eyes remedies
Homemade facial masks
Home Remedies for glowing skin
Foods for healthy skin
Facial hair home remedy
Blackheads & whiteheads home Remedies
Yoga facial exercises
Wrinkles home remedies
- Massage into the scalp and hair with coconut milk or Aloe Vera gel. Leave it for 1/2 hour, then rinse with warm water. Repeat 3 times a week.
- Massage into the scalp and hair honey with egg yolk. Leave for half an hour, then rinse.
- Massage almond oil on scalp 2-3 times a day, daily. This will stop further loss of hair.
Rinse hair with a mix of apple cider vinegar and sage tea to help hair grow.
- Scrub the bald portion with onions till it becomes red. Then apply honey.
- Grind half a cup of black dal lentil with one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds (dana methi) to a coarse powder. Mix well half a cup of yogurt into the powder and message over the scalp. Leave for 2 hours then rinse.
- Mix equal amount of warm castor and almond oil and massage over scalp at least once a week.
- Make a hair pack by mixing amla (Indian goose berry) powder with one egg. Apply it to your hair and leave for half an hour. Wash hair.
- Grind lime seeds and black pepper in equal number in some water and apply on the scalp regularly.
- Place raw mango pulp in some oil for a year. Massage this oil on the scalp frequently.
- Apply a paste of hot olive oil, honey, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder before bath and keep for 15 minutes.
- Apply a mixture of Aloe Vera with herbal powder triphala to the hair for a period of three to six months. This will stop hair fall and promot growth.
- Apply juice of coriander leaves on the head.
- Mix soaked fenugreek seeds (methi dana), shikakai powder, reetha powder, amla powder, dried lemon or lime peels, and two eggs, and grind to make a paste. Massage this paste onto hair and scalp and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Wash with a mild shampoo. This is good for making hair thick.
- Boil 1 cup mustard oil with 4 tablespoon henna (mehandi) leaves. Filter and bottle. Massage on the scalp regularly. It is very good for hair growth.
- Make a paste by mixing olive oil, honey and cinnamon (dal chini) powder. Massage on the scalp and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash with a mild shampoo. Repeat it for 3-4 times a week.
- Make a paste by grinding fenugreek seeds with water. Massage on the scalp after oiling the hair and leave it for one hour before washing. Repeat it every morning for a month.
- Make a paste by mixing two eggs, two tablespoons each of amla, reetha and shikakai powder. Massage on the scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash with a mild shampoo. Repeat it for 3-4 times a week.
- Mix 1 egg, 2.5 tablespoons milk powder and 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil. Massage on the scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash with a mild shampoo.
Make a shampoo by mixing 100 g each of amla (Indian goose berry), reetha, and shikakai and boil in two liters of water until the liquid reduces to half. Use this shampoo for your hair for at least one month. Your hair will stop falling and become thick.
Hair Loss Causes
You may not be knowing that all men and women lose 20 and 100 hair each day without noticing it. The question is what cuases hair loss in women and men?
Our hormones govern the development of hair that appears after puberty. The male hormone, testosterone, governs beard, body hair and hair in the armpits. The female hormone, estrogen, generally prevents hair growth on the chin and encourages it to grow on the head.
Occasionally women develop signs of baldness when estrogen levels drop. Treatment with estrogen has been successful in restoring hair growth in women.
- Mothers of newborn babies are prone to temporary hair loss after the delivery. This is because, when they are pregnant, their oestrogen level goes up. This stops their natural hair growth cycle. After the birth, their oestrogen drops again, and the hair cycle resumes.
- You may be losing hair due to thyroid dysfunction.
- Deficient in folic acid and iron deficiencies may cause lose hair.
- Excessive intake of Vitamin A can be a reason for balding.
- Hereditary is the most common cause of hair loss. You are more likely to have it if either or both of your parents had this problem. The thinning may start as early as 20s.
- You may shed large amounts of hair every day due to what is known as telogen effluvium, a phenomenon that occurs after pregnancy, extreme stress, major surgery, drastic weight loss or a side effect of some medications, such as antidepressants, beta-blockers, etc. may result in losing hair.
- It can be caused due to dandruff, psoriasis, and fungal infections such as ringworm.
How To Prevent Hair Loss
Loss of hair in women and men can be prevented or stopped if you take care of your hair and scalp.
- Do not wash your hair with too much hot water.
- Do not wash your hair more than 2 times in a week. If you use any shampoo, use only a mild shampoo.
- Do not comb the hair backwards. Use a good quality brush or comb. Avoid excessive brushing.
- Massage the scalp vigorously for 10 to 15 minutes (until you start to feel hot there) after bathing it with water. This stimulates the blood circulation and strengthens the hair follicles in the scalp and prevent hair loss.
- Coconut oil and castor are very good for hair growth.
- Boil dry pieces of amla (Indian goose berry) in coconut oil and apply on hair to prevent baldness.