Taking certain vitamins, foods and a proper diet can promote hair growth. remember that unhealthy food can also cause damage to healthy hair and scalp.
Vitamins B complex, minerals like magnesium, zinc and sulfur and a nutritious diet can promot hair growth and stop thinning and hair loss. Fruits rich in Vitamins A, C and E are beneficial for hair enhancement. Some foods that you can eat to grow hair are given below.
Following is a list of super healthy hair foods to bring in bounce and luster back to your hair and for fast hair growth. If you want to get rid of dry, greasy or dull hair, then eat these foods and see the difference.
Homemade Beauty Recipes
Homemade body scrubs
Acne home remedies
Acne scars removal
Get Fair Skin Complexion
Dark circles under eyes remedies
Homemade facial masks
Home Remedies for glowing skin
Foods for healthy skin
Facial hair home remedy
Blackheads & whiteheads home Remedies
Yoga facial exercises
Wrinkles home remedies
home remedies for dandruff
home remedies for grey hair
- B-Vitamins: Vitamin B3, B5 and B6 : Foods rich in vitamin B include beans, peas, carrots, cauliflower, soy beans, nutritional yeast, bran, nuts and eggs. Take a vitamin B-complex supplement.
- Biotin: Biotin is an element, which helps to keep hair shiny and lustrous. Food sources of biotin include brewer's yeast, brown rice, bulgur, green peas, lentils, oats, soybeans, sunflower seeds, eggs and walnuts.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C help promote scalp circulation which is important to maintain capillaries that carry blood to the follicles. Vitamin C guarantees efficient transition of oxygen to hair follicles. It also helps in the formation of collagen and promotes hair growth and prevents hair breakage.
Include all colors of capcicums (bell peppers) in your diet as they are a great source of vitamin C.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A and vitamin C help in the formation of sebum, which is a natural hair conditioner and hence moisturizes your skin and scalp. however, excessive intake of vitamin A can cause hair loss, so remain in limit. Vitamin A prevents dull scalp and hair and promotes growth and proper circulation of oxygen to the hair follicle.
Existence of vitamin A in carrots helps in formation of sebum oil in the scalp, which is a very important element which helps to keep the scalp and hair very well moisturized promoting good hair. Include lots of dark green leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli and lettuces in your diet whcih are excellent sources of vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E may stimulate hair growth by enhancing the immune function. Eat avocados, nuts, seeds, and olive oil on a regular basis.
- Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, biotin, vitamin E and copper so they protect hair against damage from the sun. They also prevent hair loss and help keep your hair lustrous and rich in color.
- Zinc: Zinc may stimulates the immune function which can promote hair growth. Green peas are loaded with all types of minerals and zinc, iron and vitamin B, which help in maintaining the health of your hair and scalp.
- Amino acids : L-Cysteine and L-methionine promote growth.
- Thyroid dysfunction can be a cause of hair loss. If that is the case, then eat foods rich in iodine and vitamin A. Eat vegetables such as carrots, cabbage, mustard, soy beans, peanuts, pine nuts, spinach, turnips and oils such as flax, walnut or pumpkin seed.
- A low-fat diet can help in slowing down the baldness process in men. A high-fat, meat-based diet raises testosterone levels, and that may adversely affect hair follicles.
- If you are anemic, then take iron rich foods.
Eating iron rich prunes in your diet can help prevent hair loss, dull hair, thin hair and discoloration of your hair.
- Foods high in protein can encourage hair growth. Foods high in protein include cheese, beans, lentils, yogurt, brewer's yeast, soy products like soya beans, eggs and fish. Soy protein stimulates hair growth, so eat tofu and drink soy milk, which are good sources of soy protein.
Cottage cheese is rich in calcium and proteinwhich is good to get rid of dull hair.
- Pumpkin seeds are loaded with protein, omega-6 fatty acids, zinc and iron, so they are a perfect hair rejuvenating snack and overall health.
- Silica can slow hair loss. Use silica shampoo. Silica is found in potato skin, peppers, cucumbers, bean sprouts, etc.
- Non-vegetarian foods for good hair: Salmon, Beef, Oysters,Bacon, Shrimps etc. are good foods for fast hair growth.