Know detailed natural skin care tips to get flawless skin naturally.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sun. Stay protected from the sun to prevent the skin from becoming dehydrated and the damaging effects of UV rays on the skin. It may result in sunburn. Read the sunburn symptoms. You may also develop sun poisoning symptoms.
- Avoid excessive use of cosmetics. Health experts say that excessive usage of cosmetics by children enhances their risk to various types of cancer and other problems later in life. Most of cosmetic products use potentially dangerous chemicals like parabens and phthalates. The parabens chemical have been recently found in breast cancer tissues. This chemical can affect the hormone oestrogen. The phthalates are linked to lower sperm counts in men, premature breast development and allergies.
Homemade Beauty Recipes
Homemade body scrubs
Acne home remedies
Acne scars removal
Get Fair Skin Complexion
Dark circles under eyes remedies
Homemade facial masks
Home Remedies for glowing skin
Foods for healthy skin
Facial hair home remedy
Blackheads & whiteheads home Remedies
Yoga facial exercises
Wrinkles home remedies
home remedies for dandruff
home remedies for grey hair
- Regular sleep gives our body the chance to work on repairing cells.
- Regular Exercising and massage stimulates circulation and blood flow.
- Drinking eight glasses of water a day keeps skin plump, hydrated and healthy. The body is composed of 70% water. Well hydrated skin is healthy and young looking.
- Take only warm showers and stay away from prolonged sauna exposure.
- Before you go in the swimming pool, rub Vaseline with a few drops of lavender essential oil added, on your body to protect the skin from the harmful effects of chlorine.
- Eat a balanced diet, avoid foods high in fat, cholesterol and sodium.
Follow an anti-aging diet rich in fruits and green leafy vegetables that are full of natural antioxidants. Antioxidants help prevent free-radical damage to the body. If you do not get enough antioxidants from your diet, then your skin cells could lose their ability to function well.
The antioxidants include ingredients such as vitamins A, C and E, flavonoids, beta carotene, selenium, glutathione and zinc. Eat foods high in antioxidants.
Clean your skin every evening. The skin pores get blocked dut to exposure to air pollutions, wind, sun, air conditioning, dirt and grime from our fingers. After cleansing, using a natural skin toner like rose water.
It is really important to remove stale make-up, perspiration, dirt, dust, excess oil etc. Use a good, natural cleanser that removes only the impurities without stripping the skin of nutrients and moisture.
Wipe your face with a piece of cotton wool dipped in milk (unboiled or not heated). Almond oil is a good cleanser for skin under the eyes.
Remember that over cleansing can harm the skin.
It is important to help the skin renewal process by removing dead skin cells. Exfoliate at least twice a week to get rid of dead skin cells. Care should be taken if you have broken capillaries/surface veins.
Clay helps to deep cleanse and draw out impurities and to soften and condition the skin.
Moisturing helps to protect your skin from daily pollutants. Moisturising morning and evening with a natural moisturiser will hydrate, moisturise and protect your skin.
For a moisturizing and nourishing mask, blend a mashed banana with white cosmetic clay and apply.
For normal skin care, mix 1 cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon orange juice and 1 tablespoon lemon juice and apply it on your face. Clean it off after 20 minutes.
For dry skin care, use a mixture of cooked oatmeal and honey; it is a very good moisturizer and cleansing agent.
In the evening, before going to bed, after washing your face and lips, rub your lips with a soft towel to remove the dead cells. Then apply a few drops of pure almond oil on them and leave it overnight. The lips will become soft and become light in color if dark over a period of time.
Hands play an important role in day to day work. Often hands are exposed wear and tear due to the effects of temperature, climate, frequent wetting and minor injuries. Therefore, hands need a lot of pampering and care to keep them looking young, supple, soft and beautiful. The skin on your hand is thin and delicate so it needs special care.
Here are some tips that you can use at home for keeping your hands beautiful, soft and supple.
- Our hands have a very few oil glands, so they tend to get dry easily. Therefore, moisturize your hands 3-4 times a day.
- Protect your hands from changing weather.
- Protect your hands while working in the sun or working in garden or cleaning work like washing dishes by wearing rubber gloves. Soap and water can strip your hands of natural oils. Also cleaning agents are bad for nails and hands.
- Massage your hands to stimulate circulation by rubbing your palm over the back of the hand in a circular motion, which helps warm up your hands.
- Use sunscreen lotion on hands before going out in sun.
- Exfoliate your your hands by rubbing damp hands with salt or sugar, then rinse. The grains of the salt helps remove old skin cells.
Hand Care Recipes For Beautiful & Soft Hands
- Soak your dry hands in warm olive oil. Dip your fingers in warm oil for a few minutes. Remove them and rub the oil into your hands to be absorbed by skin. Wash the excess oil.
- For rough hands take a teaspoon of sugar and lemon juice. Rub palms till sugar dissolves. Wash of with cold water.
- For rough hands boil potatoes, peel them before they get cold. Rub the pulp on hand and fingers.
- Mix a few drops of lime or lemon juice and glycerine in whole milk cream. Massage on your hands and fingers at night.
- Glycerine mixed with rose water or cucumber juice rubbed on hands cleans the skin and makes it soft. Make it a habbit to apply glycerine on your hands and wear cotton gloves at night to make hands very soft and silky.
- Mix 2 Tbsp brown sugar in 1 Tbsp olive oil and apply to skin in a circular motion for a minute or 2. Rinse with a warm cloth and water. Skin with be silky and soft.
- Massage hands and fingers with almond oil at night.
- Mix olive oil and a few drops of lemon or lime juice and apply on your hands.
- Make a paste of tomato juice, glycerine and lime juice in equal proportion and apply on your hands.