Men and women generally do not have any preference for their first child, they are happy having eigther a healthy son or a daughtger. But most couples who already have a child of one gender wish for the opposite gender on the second pregnancy so as to have a balanced family.
In India, many of the expectant patrents have preference to a son. Most of the parents decide to have an ultrasound to determine the baby's gender against the law. In many countries, a women is cursed for not giving birth to a boy.
It is a fact that a woman can not biologically determine the sex of her child. All woman have eggs containing X chromosomes. If the sperm that fertilizes the egg contains a X chromosome, the woman will conceive a girl, while Y chromosome will conceive a boy.
So to conceive a boy, theoretically couples may create an environment that gives an advantage to the sperm containing the Y chromosome. A combination of woman's diet and the timing of sex are the key to conceiving a boy or a girl, says researchers from Maastricht University in Holland and the University of Exeter in Britain. The father's diet, however, has no effect on the sex of the baby.
What you should eat to conceive a son or a girl daughter?
Based on the findings of the studies, the following may be concluded:
To conceive a girl
- Have regular sex, but not on days immediately prior or after ovulation.
- A low energy (calorie) diet with less minerals and nutrients is more likely to yield a female.
- Do not eat sodium and potassium rich foods, such as anchovies, banana, olives, rice, blue cheese, potatoes, bread, processed meats, bacon, salami, smoked salmon, prawns, etc.
- Eat foods rich in calcium such as milk, hard cheese, yoghurt, broccoli, rhubarb, spinach, tofu, oatmeal, oranges, almonds, etc.
- Eat foods rich in magnesium such as Brazil nuts, cashew nuts, whole-wheat cereals, figs and beans.
- A low fat diet with periods of long fasts at the time of conception are more likely to have a girl, according to Dr Cheryl Rosenfeld of the University of Missouri.
- The father's diet has no effect on what sex the baby will be.
To conceive a boy
- Research in vitro fertilization shows that higher levels of glucose or sugar inhibit female embryos and encourage the growth and development of male embryos.
- Eat foods high in sodium and potassium rich foods. Eat breakfast with high energy (calories) and a wider range of nutrients, including potassium, calcium and vitamins C, E and B12. Consume at least one bowl of breakfast cereal daily.
- Women who eat a full breakfast and a high fat diet at the time of conception are more likely to have a boy, scientists claim, suggests a new study Dr Cheryl Rosenfeld.
Diet Topics | Diet for Infants, 0 - 6 months old | Diet for 6 - 12 months old | 1 year old baby food chart | Diet for Sick People | Low Cholesterol Diet | Diet for high blood pressure | Pregnancy diet recipes | Foods to increase breast milk | Post Pregnancy Diet | Fertility Diet | Foods for Jains | Vegetarian diet for weight loss | Weight loss diet | Foods for weight gain | Diabetes diet | Gout causing foods