Infertility affects one in six couples, according to studies in the U.S. and Europe. Research shows that lifestyle changes can help you get pregnant or in conceiving a child if your fertility is affected due to endometriosis, ovulation disorder or tubal disease.
Foods for fertility | Foods to conceive a son or a daughter
Age is the most crucial factor in getting pregnant. The difficulty of becoming pregnant increases if you are over 35 years. 1 in 3 women struggle to conceive over the age of 35. However, you can increase your chances by having a better understanding of your cycle and right time of the month to try. Ask your family doctor to explain when is best to conceive. Your doctor may suggest you to undergo for fertility test if you are struggling to conceive for 12 months.
Diet may improve female fertility
Dr. Emma Derbyshire of Manchester Metropolitan University has found that controlled diet may enhance the chances of getting a positive pregnancy test. Abstaining from alcohol, cutting down on caffeine and inclusion of plenty of fruit and vegetables in daily diet increase a woman's chances of becoming pregnant and delivering a healthy baby.
Can mobiles make you infertile?
In a recent study done at Jawaharlal Nehru University, 20 rats subjected to 2 hours of radiation for 25 days from mobile phones were found to have damaged DNA and low sperm count, leading to infertility and reduction in testis size. The research group will now undertake study on humans.
Coffee and Infertility
Dutch researchers at the Radboud University in Nijmegan found that four cups of coffee a day can reduce the chances of getting pregnant by 26 per cent. So the women with fertility problems should stay away from drinking too much coffee.
Smoking and firtility
The above study also noted that smoking more than one cigarette a day and being overweight also reduced the chances of pregnancy.
No diet can ensure that you will become pregnant. However, it is a fact that human fertility is influenced by lifestyle and diet. It is influenced by nutrient imbalances and certain synthetic and organic chemicals which are sometimes present in foods and the environment.
women trying to fall pregnant should shift to a healthier lifestyle.
Foods That Can Boost Desire & Increase Libido
- Foods For Low Libido: Almonds, Asparagus, Strawberries, Banana, Mangoes, peaches, Strawberries, Figs, Dates, Onions, Garlic, Chocolate , Eggs, Raw oysters can increase libido.
Asparagus rejuvenates the reproductive system both for men and women.
A soup made with drumstick flowers boiled in milk is useful in increasing libido.
Almonds are great for increasing sex drive.
Dates restore sexual drive, increase endurance and improve overall vitality.
Onions and garlic are one of the best libido enhancers.
- Goji Berries: Can improve fertility and sexual performance.
- Chinese Ginseng: Ginseng is said to boost libido and sexual stamina.
- Ginkgo Biloba: Ginkgo Biloba is considered beneficial in the treatment of male impotence.
- Rhodiola, a herb: In Russia, it is traditionally used to promote sex drive and keep the aging process at bay.
- Oysters: Recent studies have shown that oysters can increase levels of sex hormones.
- Epimedium: Can improve sexual function.
- Yohimbe Bark: The Yohimbe bark has traditionally been used to boost sexual desire and treat erectile dysfunction.
- Spanish Fly: The male Spanish fly releases a powerful chemical to seduce its female counterpart. The drug is a popular aphrodisiac among humans.
Foods for Fertility
The foods most likely to enhance fertility are the fresh organic vegetables and fruits containing rich supplies of antioxidant nutrients. Include a selection of different colored items as following. Have a balanced diet each time.
Green color: avocados, broccoli, herbs, limes, olives, mangoes, spinach, sprouts, watercress
Red/Orange color: apples, beetroot, capsicum, carrots, grapes, tamarind, sweet potato, tomatoes
Yellow color: bananas, capsicum, grapefruit, lemons, melon, saffron, squash, tomatoes, turmeric
Dark color: blackberries, blueberries, cherries, cloves, olives, plums
- Include foods rich in iron, omega-3 acids, dairy, and protein in your diet.
- Follow a low GI diet
- Lose weight: A healthy weight is one of the best things to increase a woman's chance of conceiving, according to Professor Stephen Colagiuri of the school of Molecular and Microbial Biosciences at Sydney University.
- Limit saturated fats, trans-fats, refined sugar and salt.
- Avoid alcohol, coffee and cigarette. You should stop taking these drugs at least 4 months before you plan to conceive. Alcohol lowers female fertility and increases defects in babies.
Marijuana affects the menstrual cycle causing irregularity and sometimes stopping the cycle. It reduces the levels of needed hormones in men to make healthy sperm.
Cocaine lowers sperm count and increases the incidence of abnormalities.
- Try to aim for a 8 hours of sound sleep.
Diet Topics | Diet for Infants, 0 - 6 months old | Diet for 6 - 12 months old | 1 year old baby food chart | Diet for Sick People | Diet for Seniors | Low Cholesterol Diet | Diet for high blood pressureAnti-aging Diet | Pregnancy diet recipes | Foods to avoid in pregnancy | Foods to increase breast milk | Post Pregnancy Diet | Fertility Diet | Foods for Jains | Vegetarian diet for weight loss | Weight loss diet | Foods for weight gain | Diabetes diet | Gout causing foods