- Vegetables: Asparagus, Corn, Lentils, Mushrooms, Olives, Quinces, Winter Squash
- Fruits: Blueberries, Cranberries, Currants, Plums, Pomegranate, Prunes
- Grains:Amaranth, Barley, Corn, Oat Bran, Oatmeal, Oats rolled, Quinoa, Rice, Rye, Wheat & Wheat flour (specially white flour, maida), Bread, Macaroni, Noodles, Spaghetti.
- Beans & Legumes: Dried Beans, Chick Peas, Green Peas, Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans, Red Beans, Lentils, Soy Beans
- Milk Products: Butter, Cheese, Ice Cream
- Nuts: Cashew, Peanuts, Peanut Butter, Pecans,Tahini, Walnuts.
- Animal proteinBacon, Beef, Clams, Cod, Fish, Haddock, Lamb, Lobster, Mussels, Oyster, Pork, Rabbit, Salmon, Sardines, Sausage, Scallops, Shellfish, Shrimp, Tuna, Turkey, Veal.
- Acidic Drinks: Coffee, Coca-Cola and similar fizzy soft drinks, Beer, Wine
- Other Acidic Foods: Oils, spices, sweeteners, tobacco, medicines like aspirine, etc.
Spicy foods, fried foods and foods high in trans-fats, refined white sugar, enriched white flour, processed baked foods like brownies and cookies are not good for digestive system and build acid reflux in the body.
Acid Forming Foods
Non Acid (Alkaline) Forming Foods List
- Vegetables: The alkalizing vegetables are Alfalfa, Beet Greens, Beets, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrot, Cauliflower, Celery, Collard Greens, Cucumber, Dandelions, Eggplant, Green Beans, Green Peas, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Onions, Parsnips, Peas, Pumpkin, Radishes, Spinach, Sprouts, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Watercress, Wheat Grass
- Fruits: The alkalizing fruits etables are Apple, Apricot, Avocado, Banana, Blackberries, Cantaloupe, Cherries, Coconut, Currants, Dates dried, Figs dried, Grapes,Grapefruit, Honeydew Melon, Lemon, Lime, Nectarine, Orange, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, Raisins, Raspberries, Strawberries, Tangerine, Watermelon
Note about lemon and lime: Outside the body, lemon juice is acidic (pH is below 7). When lemon juice fully metabolizes inside the body and its minerals get dissociated in the bloodstream, its effect is alkalizing raising the pH of the blood (pH above 7 is alkaline).
Also Read The Following
Stomach Pain Relief | Acidity symptoms | Bee sting treatment | Heartburn Remedy | Common cold cure | Cold sores remedies | Sores throat home remedy |Natural constipation remedies |Canker sores cure | Home Remedies for diarrhea | Home remedies for sinus infection | Ear infection remedies | Ear wax removal at home | Chapped Lips Home Remedies | Fat Lips treatment | Grey hair remedies | Indigestion and loose motion | Heat rash remedies | Hiccups home remedy | Kidney stones home remedies | Hemorrhoids home cure | Head lice remedies | Sunburn symptoms | Sunpoisoning symptoms | Weight loss home remedies | Yeast infection home remedy | Grandma's home remedies | Herbal Remedies
Disclaimer: Please note that the home remedies are only for minor common symptoms and should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. You should not rely on these remedies. Always consult your Doctor for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. You should also avoid using any of these remedies if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. The writer of this article or fatfreekitchen.com is not responsible in any manner.