Acid reflux causes, acidity and hearburn causes are discussed to avoid stomach acidity and heartburn.
Acidity, Acid Reflux or heart burn or stomach acidity are due to presence of excessive acid in the stomach that causes irritation of the gastrointestinal covering. This causes a burning pain.
Acid reflux occurs when stomach acid regurgitates up into the esophagus. When the excessive acid leaks back into the gullet, this inflames and the feeling of heartburn is produced. Heartburn is the most common symptom of gastro-esophageal reflux. Heartburn is a sensation of tightness, pain or discomfort in the middle of the chest. Acid reflux is the cause of heartburn. Heartburn can take a patient's life, if not treated properly in time.
Stomach Acid Symptoms : Acid Indigestion Symptoms
Heartburn or acidity can lead to acid in digestion which is a common digestive disorder. Acid indigestion is caused by overeating, eating of oily foods, spicy foods, smoking, drinking alcohol, anxiety, sleeplessness, etc. The symptoms of acid indigestion are heartburn, too much gas in abdomen (flatulence), burps with bad odor, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, feeling of full stomach, etc.
You may want to know what can cause acid reflux and heartburn. The following conditions can produce excessive acid in stomach causing acid reflux, acidity and heartburn.
- The heartburn is a signal of possible water shortage in the upper part of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Eating rich and spicy foods can cause acid reflux and heartburn.
- Eating quickly, very fast without proper chewing may result in heartburn.
- Eating quickly while under stress could lead to acid reflux.
- Improper sleep
- Alcohol consumption
- Eating too much acid forming food chart (Non acidic alkaline food list).
- Pregnant women may suffer due to acidy, acid reflux and heartburn because when the baby grows, the uterus exerts pressure on the digestive tract.
- Excessive pressure on their digestive tract in obese people can cause acid reflux and heartburn.
When to Consult a Doctor
You may try acidity home remedies for a few days. However, go to your Doctor if you experience the following:
- Heartburn continues for several times a week.
- Symptoms persist even after taking heartburn medications or returns again.
- If you wake up at night due to heartburn.
- Black stools
- Difficulty in swallowing.
- Weight loss
Also Read The Following
Stomach Pain Relief | Acidity symptoms | Bee sting treatment | Heartburn Remedy | Common cold cure | Cold sores remedies | Sores throat home remedy |Natural constipation remedies |Canker sores cure | Home Remedies for diarrhea | Home remedies for sinus infection | Ear infection remedies | Ear wax removal at home | Chapped Lips Home Remedies | Fat Lips treatment | Grey hair remedies | Indigestion and loose motion | Heat rash remedies | Hiccups home remedy | Kidney stones home remedies | Hemorrhoids home cure | Head lice remedies | Sunburn symptoms | Sunpoisoning symptoms | Weight loss home remedies | Yeast infection home remedy | Grandma's home remedies | Herbal Remedies
Disclaimer: Please note that the home remedies are only for minor common symptoms and should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. You should not rely on these remedies. Always consult your Doctor for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. You should also avoid using any of these remedies if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. The writer of this article or fatfreekitchen.com is not responsible in any manner.