Following are the home cures of most common diseases in brief. For detailed cures, please go to the individual disease pages of simple home remedies. The following home remedies are the same that old remedies your Grandma used fro general ailments from the things available from kitchen. They are still effective and work quite well, you can also use them easily.
- Acidity: Keep a peice of jagger in your mouth and suck it, every hour till acidity subsides.
Heartburn acidity home remedies
- Acne: Apply crushed garlic clove on the face twice a day.
acne home remedies
- Allergies - Skin: Apply a paste of sandalwood in 1 tsp lime juice.
Apply a paste of 1 Tbsp poppy seeds (khuskhus) with 1 tsp water and 1 tsp fresh lime juice.
- Arthritis : Apply hot water bottle or heat lamp. This will promote better circulation to injured areas. It will loose muscles that have become stiff because of overuse.
Mix 2 parts flour with 1 part mustard powder, add warm water to make a thick paste. Spread it on a clean cloth and press against the skin.
- Blocked Nose: Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to hot water and take deep breath.
- Bad Breath: Chew eliachi (green cardamom) or saunf (fennel) or mint leaves.
- Body Weight Reduction: By eating a tomato everyday before breakfast for a few months will help you slim.
- Boils: Ground neem leaves into a paste and apply.
Apply a paste of ginger and turmeric (equal amounts) on boils.
- Constipation: Figs, dates and prunes help relieve constipation.
Take 3 tsp of psyllium husk in milk or warm water at bed time.
- Constipation in Babies: Give 2 tsp once a day of homemade ghee with a 1/8 tsp of sugar and juice of black currents soaked overnight in water.
- Cough: Chew a small piece of ginger 4-5 times a day before going to bed relieves sever cough.
Keep a piece of mulathi in the mouth. When it softens, chew it.
Drink a cup of hot milk with a 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder added. This also gives relief in cuts, wounds and cold.
- Dark Nails in fingers and toes due to fungus. Mix mustard oil (sarson ka tel) and neem oil in equal amount and apply on the nails in morning and evening for 1 month or until fungus gets treated.
- Diarrhea: Grind a lemon along with seeds and rind to a paste. Add some salt. Take 1 tsp of this paste 2-3 times. Loose Motion
- Ear Infection: Apply a few drops of warm mango leave juice.
- Eyesight Weakness: Eat cardamom seeds in 1 tablespoon honey daily.
- Eyes tired: Add a few drops of lavender oil to 2 cups of water and shake the solution well. Place cotton pads dipped in this water over each eye.
- Hiccups: For recurring hiccups, slowly suck a tsp of sugar in mouth.
Hold your breath as long as possible and let it go out. The lungs expand and push down on the diaphragm, stopping hiccups.
- Indigestion: Take 1 tsp each of mint juice, lemon juice and honey Indigestion
- Infirtility: Warm some water and keep overnight. Drink in the morning and then eat 3-4 slices of onion, 1 whole egg and honey.
- Kidney Stones Drink coconut water (naariyal paani) for some days to break up the stones and make them easier to pass out.
- Lactation: Eat cooked unripe papaya or paw paw.
Drink 1 cup milk with 1/2 teaspoon grounded cinnamon mixed in it.
Soak some finely powered aniseed in water for 30 minutes. Mix it with equal amount of honey and eat in the morning fort several days.
Eat fenugreek seeds, cooked.
- Menstruation Periods cramps: Drink a cup of hot ginger tea in the morning before breakfast .
Take 1/2 teaspoon finely ground cinnamon with 1 cup milk every night.
Eat 1 teaspoon powdered dried mint leaves with 1 teaspoon honey 3 times a day.
- Menstruation Periods irregualr: Boil some fresh ginger in a cup of water and drink 3 times after meals for several days.
- Menstruation Periods delay, birth control: To delay menstruation for more than 15-20 months, take 1 piece cinnamon every night for 1 month after child-birth, preventing early conception.
- Mosquito Bite: To stop itching of a mosquito bite, apply toothpaste.
For a bee sting, apply baking soda.
For a wasp sting, apply vinegar.
- Memory: Chewing 7-8 almonds daily can improve memory.
Soak seven almonds in water overnight. Remove the skin and boil it with a glass of milk. Drink the milk daily.
Eat brain power super improve memory
- Pain: Apply cold pack. This will reduce pain and swelling in sprains, ligaments and pulled muscles.
The cold pack will also reduce pain and swelling in bruises and headaches.
- Piles (Hemorrhoids) : Boil a ripe banana in 1 cup milk and take 2-3 times a day.
- Prickly Heat : Apply a mixture of dry sandalwood powder with gulab-jal (rose water) on the affected parts.
- Sleeping of foot or any part of body: Press the lobe of ear for a few second.
- Stress: Whatever the reason for stress, exercise will be helpful. 30 minutes of exercise every day is sufficient to relax you for the next 24 hours. Exercise causes shortening and lengthening of the muscles which reduces the muscular spasm. Aerobic exercises like brisk walking, jogging and swimming are best for physical and mental fitness. Meditation and relaxation are best for stress relief.
- Stomach pain due to dehydration: Drink 3-4 times half a cup of water with a few drops of Pudin Hara added.
For immediate relief, chew betel leaves with a few rock salt crystals.
Take 1 tsp of a mixture of carom seeds (ajwain), a pinch of black salt & a few drops of fresh lemon juice with lukewarm water. (Stomach ache)
- Teeth Stains: Add a drop of clove oil to the toothpaste and brush.
- Teeth and Gums- Bleeding: Apply a powdered mixture of 500g of green guava peel, 10g each of phitkari (alum), 10g of black pepper and 10g of black salt (sendha namak) on your teeth twice a day for a week.
Apply paste of dry ginger with a little salt to gums.
- Toothache: Chew cloves. Burn some turmeric sticks make a fine powder and use as toothpowder.
- Tongue, White Coating: Wash the tongue with baking soda dissolved in warm water. Bad breath
- SoreThroat : Add 1 tsp of turmeric powder to a glass of milk and boil. Drink in morning and night.
Gargle with 1 glass of with warm water with 1 tsp of common salt added to it.
- Ulcers in Mouth (Chhale) : Apply fresh coconut milk on ulcers frequently.
Mix coconut milk with honey and massage the gums.
- Vomiting and Nausea: Suck a piece of ice.
Lick a powder of fried cloves mixed with honey.
Eat 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seeds.
Dissolve a few drops of mint juice and drink.
- Wrinkles:Gently massage coconut oil on wrinkles every night at bed time.
Home beauty recipes.
- Worms in Intestine: Take 1/2 tsp of powdered fenugreek seeds (dana methi) with water for a few days.
Eat papayas (paw paw) frequently.
Fry 5-10 seeds of bitter melon (karela) in a little ghee. Take 2-3 times a day.
worms in human
- Urinary Tract Infection A glass of coconut water (naariyal paani) can give you a quick relief from urinary track infection.
- Yeast Infection: Apply fresh garlic paste directly on the affected part of the body. Yeast infection
Also Read The Following
Stomach Pain Relief | Acidity symptoms | Bee sting treatment | Heartburn Remedy | Common cold cure | Cold sores remedies | Sores throat home remedy |Natural constipation remedies |Canker sores cure | Home Remedies for diarrhea | Home remedies for sinus infection | Ear infection remedies | Ear wax removal at home | Chapped Lips Home Remedies | Fat Lips treatment | Grey hair remedies | Indigestion and loose motion | Heat rash remedies | Hiccups home remedy | Kidney stones home remedies | Hemorrhoids home cure | Head lice remedies | Sunburn symptoms | Sunpoisoning symptoms | Weight loss home remedies | Yeast infection home remedy | Grandma's home remedies | Herbal Remedies
Disclaimer: Please note that the home remedies are only for minor common symptoms and should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. You should not rely on these remedies. Always consult your Doctor for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. You should also avoid using any of these remedies if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. The writer of this article or fatfreekitchen.com is not responsible in any manner.