What Causes Indigestion? And what are its symptoms?
Indigestion is the general term used to describe the symptoms of pain or discomfort in the upper abdomen or chest, bloating, excess wind, acidity, or heartburn. After a big meal, gas building up in your stomach can cause cramping.
If you feel indigestion, or get sour burp, and/or loose motions, or for general stomach upsets, you can try the following as indigestion remedies.
Indigestion Home Remedies
- Drink mint essence (available as Pudin hara or Amritdhara) in India. These are mint or peppermint essence, 3-4 drops in water, every one hour. Also drink jaljeera (a mixture of cumin, salt, asafetida and other herbs) 2-3 times. Let the poison get out of your body through vomiting or motions. First you will throw poisonous foods and then water (Drink lot of water with sugar or salt). You should be alright in less than 24 hours. Start this remedy as soon as you start getting sour burps. You may drink mint essence (3-4 drops in water) after you eat in a restaurant or party or you have overeaten.
The authors of this web site have used this treatment for this type of condition many times with 100% success. It should cure your indigestion condition.
- Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice or cider vinegar in a cup of hot water before a meal to prevent acid indigestion.
- Add three drops of garlic oil to an half a cup of soya oil and rub onto the stomach after food.
- Drink a herbal tea of mint, raspberry, camomile and blackberry.
- Drink one cup of ginger tea after meals to promote a good digestion and for heartburn, nausea, etc.
- Mix equal parts of baking soda and water in a glass.
- Take 1 tsp each of mint juice, lemon juice and honey.
- Peppermint is a good for indigestion problem. Those who are prone to heartburn may try peppermint tea. It will help indigestion with out causing heartburn.
- Mix 2 pinches of rock salt and 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain). Chew it and wash it down with water to get relief for upset stomach or indigestion
- Mix 5-6 chopped basil (tulsi) leaves, 1/4 tsp sea salt, some black pepper in 3 Tbsp of curd and eat it. repeat this 4 times a day for one week for complete reconditioning of stomach.
Also Read The Following
Stomach Pain Relief | Acidity symptoms | Bee sting treatment | Heartburn Remedy | Common cold cure | Cold sores remedies | Sores throat home remedy |Natural constipation remedies |Canker sores cure | Home Remedies for diarrhea | Home remedies for sinus infection | Ear infection remedies | Ear wax removal at home | Chapped Lips Home Remedies | Fat Lips treatment | Grey hair remedies | Indigestion and loose motion | Heat rash remedies | Hiccups home remedy | Kidney stones home remedies | Hemorrhoids home cure | Head lice remedies | Sunburn symptoms | Sunpoisoning symptoms | Weight loss home remedies | Yeast infection home remedy | Grandma's home remedies | Herbal Remedies
Disclaimer: Please note that the home remedies for indigestion are only for minor common symptoms and should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. You should not rely on these remedies. Always consult your Doctor for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. You should also avoid using any of these remedies if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. The writer of this article or fatfreekitchen.com is not responsible in any manner.