Kassar is a traditional Rajasthani dessert. It is made at home during festivals. Kasar is a kind of burfi made of aata (wheat flour) and gud (jaggery). It is very tasty.
Recipe type: Reduced fat
Preparation time: 30 minute
- Wheat flour, 500g
- Gur (jaggery), 300g
- 2-3 Cardamom, coarsely powdered
- Etable gum (gond), 1 Tbsp
- Desiccated coconut, 1 Tbsp
- Water, 150ml
- Ghee, 75g
- Lowfat saturated fat butter (heart foundation recommended) or canola oil, 75g
- Ghee for frying gond.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan and fry eatable gum lightly to golden brown color. Keep aside.2. Take ghee and butter (oil) in a wok and add aata and cook until it is golden brown. At this stage it will emit an aroma smell in the kitchen. Mix cardamom powder and leave aside.
- Break jaggery in to pieces and dissolve in water. Let it boil until it becomes a syrup (chasni of 2 threads).
- Add the aata of step 2 and stir well. Transfer in a parat or high edge plate and let it spread and set.
- Garnish with gond and coconut. Spread gond and coconut on the set burfi (when it is still warm) and press with spoon or katori.
- Cut burfies into about 2 inch square shape.
Note: This Kasaar recipe uses less ghee and use butter or oil. This saves a lot of calories from saturated fat in the ghee. Don't be surprised for the use of oil. No body can notice any difference in the taste. Just try it. We have used it several times and all have relished our Kasar burfi made according to above recipe.
Healthy dessert recipes | How to make chasni | Khoya or Mawa recipe| Nutrition facts of Milk | Ras Malai recipe | Rasgulla recipe | Milk Burfi | Almond burfi recipe | Khajoor burfi | Kaju Katli recipe | Shrikhand recipe | Kheer Recipe | Gulab Jamun recipe | Carrot halwa recipe | Sooji halwa recipe| Moon dal halwa recipe| Kasaar Aata Gud Burfi | Besan ladoo recipe | Calories in Rasgulla | Calories in Gulab Jamun