Mawa Kachori is a sweet made of mawa stuffed in kachori. It is a very special and prestigious dish originated from Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Find below the recipe for making tasty mawae ki kachori at home.
Mawa Kachori was invented by Shri Rawatmal ji Deora of Rawat Mishthan Bhandar of Jodhpur. This sweet is so unique to Jodhpur that people visiting to Jodhpur do not forget to taste and take mawa kachori with them.
Although many sweet makers of Jodhpur and jaipur now make mawa ki kachori, many people still consider mawa kachori of Rawat Mishthan Bhandar as the best in the town. Late Prime Ministers Indira Gandhi and Rajeev Gandhi visited the shop to taste its famous invention.
Recipe type: Dairy product
Preparation time: 40 minute
- 1 cup plain flour (maida)
- Khoya (mawa), 1/2 cup
- a pinch of salt
- ghee or oil for deep frying
- For filling
- Almond, silvered, 1 Tbsp grated
- Pista (pistachios), 1 Tbsp pigratedces
- Cardamom, freshly powdered, 1 tsp
- Cinnamon (Dalchini), powdered, 1/2 tspn [See Cinnamon health benefits]
- a few saffron strands
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water for syrup
- Take plain flour and add a pinch of salt and 1 Tbs ghee or oil. Knead into a firm dough using enough water. Use enopugh water and knead well for about 5 minutes to make a firm dough. Divide the dough into 10 equal balls and keep aside by coverfing with a damp muslin cloth for 15 minutes.
- Procedure for Filling: Combine all the ingredients of filling and mix well.
- Procedure for Kachori:
- Roll one ball to a size of about 3 inch diameter roti. Place 2 tsp of filling stuff at its center. Dampen the edge of the roti with water and hold at 4-5 points at its rim, bringing close at the center. Press the points tightly so that the filling is sealed inside. Press this ball with your palm gently. Repeat with other balls.
- Bake or deep fry all the balls and keep aside to cool.
- Prepare a chasni syrup of 2 threads by dissolving 1 cup sugar in 1 cup water.
- Make a hole of size 1 cm at the top center of each kachori and pour approximately 2 tsp of the chasni into it. Pour some chasni outside on the kachori also.
Serve after 1 hour.
Note: The life span of Mawa Kachori is about 7 days without fridge and more in teh fridge.
In the traditional method, ghee is used instead of oil. But you can use oil without any change in the taste. You can also bake the kachori to make the mawa kachori fat-free.
Healthy dessert recipes | How to make chasni | Khoya or Mawa recipe| Nutrition facts of Milk | Ras Malai recipe | Rasgulla recipe | Milk Burfi | Almond burfi recipe | Khajoor burfi | Kaju Katli recipe | Shrikhand recipe | Kheer Recipe | Gulab Jamun recipe | Carrot halwa recipe | Sooji halwa recipe| Moon dal halwa recipe| Kasaar Aata Gud Burfi | Besan ladoo recipe | Calories in Rasgulla | Calories in Gulab Jamun