Nutrition rich low calorie pineapple sandesh recipe makes a delicious dessert in minutes.
This award winning recipe Courtesy Ms. Lata Shah, Sydney.
The pineapple sandesh dish has very tempting and appealing looks and quite unique and different from the conventional sweets / desserts. Even people that normally avoid dessert are attracted to taste this dish. The dish is very easy to make and requires no preparation in advance. It contains all the nutrients of pineapple and paneer.
Recipe type: Fatfree, cholesterol free
Preparation time: 10 minute
- Pineapple slices 10 Pices, One tin of sliced pineapple
- Paneer, 200 g
- Sugar, powdered, 100 g
- Cream, reduced fat, 100 g, about half tin
- Pistachio, powdered 2 tsp
- Saffron, about 50 strands soaked in water
- Cherry or large size grapes, 100 g
Picture of Pineapple Sandesh. Courtesy Ms. Lata Shah
- Crush the paneer, mix cream and sugar and make a paste.
- Take out pineapples slices and drain the juice or syrup from the tin. Dry the slices with a kitchen towel.
- Arrange the pineapple slices in a tray and cover each slice neatly and evenly with the paste of step 1.
- Decoration: Sprinkle pistachio powder over the pineapple slices. Decorate with strings of saffron. Finish by putting a cherry at the central hole of each pineapple.
- Keep in fridge and serve cold.
Serve Pineapple Sandesh chilled.
Calories in Pineapple
Pineapple is rich in dietary fiber, thiamin, vitamin B, vitamin C, copper and manganese. Pineapple, however, has a lot of fruit sugar. One cup of fresh pineapple chunks has 82 calories.
Look at the nutrition data of pineapple below.
Calories - 82 cal
Dietary fiber - 2.3 g
Potassium - 180 mg
Phosphorus - 13 mg
Magnesium - 20 mg
Calcium -21 mg
Sodium - 2 mg
Iron - 0.48 mg
Selenium 0.2 mcg
Manganese - 1.53 mg
Copper - 0.181 mg
Zinc - 0.2 mg
Vitamin A - 96 IU
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 0.13 mg
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 0.053 mg
Niacin - 0.825 mg
Folate - 30 mcg
Pantothenic Acid - 0.351 mg
Vitamin B6 - 0.185 mg
Vitamin C - 78.9 mg
Vitamin E - 0.03 mg
Vitamin K - 1.2 mcg