Binach is a traditional dessert recipe from Jodhpur, Rajasthan. It is yellow in color and the cloves in it gives a very good taste.
Recipe type: Reduced fat, cholesterol free
Preparation time: 30 minute
Ingredients for 2
- Rice, basmati, 1 cup
- Sugar, 6 tsp or to taste
- Raisin, 1 Tbsp
- Cardamom seeds, powdered, 1/4 tsp
- Water, 2 cup
- Saffron, a few strands
- Canola oil, 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp
- Clove, 7-8
- Almond skin removed and chopped, length wise, 1 Tbsp
- Wash rice and Soak it in water for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet and put cloves and stir for 1/2 minute. Add 1 cup water and turmeric powder, stir and let it boil.
- Remove rice from water (discard this water) and add to the skillet when water boils. Cover 90% of the skillet with a lid and let the rice cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Remove lid and add cardamom powder, saffron and sugar and raisins and stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, stir and cook till all the water disappers.
- Garnish with almond pieces.
Serve warm or cold.
Tip: In the final step, if you observe that too much water is left and the rice is almost cooked, raise the heat so that water gets evaporated quickly.
In the final step, if you observe that too less water is left and the rice has yet not cooked, slow down the heat so that water does not evaporate quickly.
Healthy dessert recipes | How to make chasni | Khoya or Mawa recipe| Nutrition facts of Milk | Ras Malai recipe | Rasgulla recipe | Milk Burfi | Almond burfi recipe | Khajoor burfi | Kaju Katli recipe | Shrikhand recipe | Kheer Recipe | Gulab Jamun recipe | Carrot halwa recipe | Sooji halwa recipe| Moon dal halwa recipe| Kasaar Aata Gud Burfi | Besan ladoo recipe | Calories in Rasgulla | Calories in Gulab Jamun