Traditional Indian ( Mango pickles) aam ka achaar recipe is given which makes pickles that last for months
Green chili Pickle | Aam ka achaar |Gajar achaar recipe | Coriander-Mint Chutney Recipe |Mango Chutney Recipe | Garlic Chutney Recipe | Imli Raita Recipe | Mango Lassi recipe | Mango Nutrition | Mango Shrikhand recipe | Mango fruit cream recipe
Preparation time: 20 minute
- Raw mangos, firm 4, chopped in crescent shape, about 32 in number
- Mustard oil, 2 cup
- Red chili powder, 2 Tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds, 2 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder, 1 tsp
- Aniseed, 1 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds, 1 tsp
- Salt, 4 Tbsp
- Put the mango pieces in a clean, dry jar and add salt to it. Shake well. Cover with a muslin cloth and keep for over night.
- Mix all the spices well. Add this to thejar of the mango pieces of step 1 and mix thoroughly with dry and clean spoon. Keep aside.
- Heat mustard oil in a skillet till you see smoke rising from the skillet. Let the cool.
- Pour some oil in the jar and shake so that all the mango pieces are thoroughly coated with oil. Add all the oil so that all the mango pieces are covered well with oil.
- Close the mouth of jar with muslin cloth and keep in sun for 10-12 days before use. Stir the jar once in a day.
Hint: Can be used for 8-12 months if the mango piecews are kept covered with oil all the time.