Besan Stuffed Paratha And Roti
Recipe type: Reduced Fat, cholesterol free
Preparation time: 30 minute
- Besan 1 cup
- Onion 1 large, very finely chopped
- Green Chili or Capsicum, finely chopped 1 Tbsp
- Coriander Leaves, finely chopped, 1 Tbsp
- Whole wheat flour 2.5 cup
- Canola Oil
- Salt to taste
- Red chili Powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala 1/8 tsp
- Cummin seeds 1/8 tsp
- Take wheat flour in a wide plate and slowly add water mixing the flour with fingers. Knead into a dough. Cover with damp cloth and keep aside.
Besan Masala for Stuffing:
- Put a deep non sticking skillet on medium heat. Pour 1 tsp oil. When the oil gets hot, add cummin seeds. After half a minute add chopped onion and chili. Stir well for 5-7 minutes.
- Add besan and spices into the skillet of step 2, and lower the heat. Cook the besan turns light brown, about 12 minutes. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Make small balls (size about 2 inch diameter) of wheat flour dough. Roll one ball by a rolling pin to a size of about 4 inch diameter roti. Place 2 tsp of besan masala at the center of the roti. Hold the roti at 4-5 points at its rim, bring close at the center and press the points with each other. This will result into a ball of size 2 inch. Press this ball with your palm gently. This step is to make a wheat flour ball with besan masala stuffed in.
- Roll the stuffed ball of step 4 to a size of about 6-7 inch.
- Cook the roti on a tava or bake it in a grill. Preheat the grill to 200 deg C. Bake for 3-4 minutes.
- To make paratgha, warm a thick griddle and spray oil. Shallow fry the rolled rotis of step 5 using oil spray on both sides till crisp.
- If you are unable to roll a stuffed dough, you stuff the besan masala in between two rolled roties and seal the rim.
- This is a very convenient and tasty item for picnics.