Recipe type: Medium Fat , cholesterol free
Preparation time: 20 minute
- Bread, 2 slices
- Black chana, soaked overnight, 1/2 kg
- Whole Masoor dal, 200 g, soaked overnight 1 medium sized onion( Finely chopped)
- Ginger paste, 2 tsp
- Garlic paste, 2 tsp
- Small peice of grounded cinnamom or powder
- Green chilis, finely chopped, 2 medium size
- Coriander seeds, 2 tsp
- Green fresh corriander( Finely chopped) Pinch of Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- Boil the chana and dal together. Strain the water out and then coarsly grind it. In this paste add all the other ingredients and make a dough of it.
- Make small balls and deep fry them as and when required. Alternatively it can also be toasted on the toaster with a little oil for greasing. Also the tikka can be made out of the same dough. For this add little corn flour in the dough.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Note: The vegetable kababs taste like mutton kababs. This recipe is a healthy alternative to mutton kababs.