Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Green peppers (capsicum), small size
- 2 Potatoes medium size
- 1/2 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp green peas
- 1 small piece ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated (optional)
- 1/2 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp amchoor (dried mango) powder
- salt to taste
- 8-10 raisins
- 1 Tbsp Canola/Olive Oil
- Wash potatoes and bake or steam till tender. Let it cool. Mesh and mix green peas, onion, ginger, garlic, (coriandr) cilantro, turmeric powder, garam masala, raisins (kishmish), red chili powder, salt and lime juice.
- Heat a non sticking skillet and take half the oil. When oil starts to fume add the above mixture and stir for 5-7 minutes. Remove the skillet and let the mixture cool.
- Slit the green peppers (capsicum) and remove all the seeds. Fill the potato mixture in each pepper and press to close it.
- Heat the non sticking skillet again and take the remaining oil. Put cummin seeds in the oil. In a few minutes the seeds will become dark. Slowly put the stuffed peppers in the oil and cover the skillet. After 5 minutes change the side of the peppers and cook till the skin of peppers becomes soft (about 5 minutes).
Serve with chappati/roti/naan/tortilla/whole-wheat bread.