Beer belly is a problem for many people especially men.There are certain foods that are responsible for belly fat.
Abdominal fat (the excess calories) is primarily stored on top of your abs muscle tissue as layers. Two important types of fat depositions in abdominal area are android abdominal fat and gynoid abdominal fat.
The android fat is the excess subcutaneous truncal deposits. The subcutaneous fat lies under the skin that you can pinch on your tummy.
The visceral fat is the real culprit, lodged deep in your stomach around the intestines, liver and kidneys. As we get older, this visceral fat collects around our organs and keeps growing t. You may get concentration of fat around your abs due to stress, food allergies, bacteria, bloating and inflammation. The real culprit is the visceral fat, lodged deep in your stomach around the intestines, liver and kidneys. This keeps growing to give you the pot belly.
Healthy Weight Information
Weight Loss Tips
Calorie Burning Chart
Daily Calorie Burn Calculator
BMI Calculator & Chart
Natural metabolism boosters
Abdominal Exercises To Lose Belly Fat
Foods to avoid for weight loss
Body Fat Percentage Chart
Female Body Type Pictures
Ideal Body Weight
Waist To Hip Ratio
List of negative calorie foods
Fat Burning Food List
Homemade Bodywraps for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Home Remedies
What is a Beer Belly?
You should know that gaining even 3-4 extra inches significantly raises the risk of various illnesses such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancers, in addition to destroy posture and spinal alignment over time.
According to the World Health Organisation, a belly is called a pot shaped belly when the abdominal circumference in male is more than 0.9 m (90 cm) and female is 0.8 m (80 cm) (waist to hip ratio).
Causes of Fat in Belly
- It may be due to four reasons: Heredity or genetics, food, stress and hormones. Heredity plays a key role in how easily you will grow one. Your waist-to-hip ratio and the absolute waist circumference determine the severity of central obesity. While beer bellies are usually believed to be a result of drinking, sugar is also a culprit.
- Beer belly is highly related with metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, glucose intolerance and high blood pressure.
- Eating excessive unhealthy junk foods. Eating too many simple carbohydrates and too much fatty foods, such as those found in processed sugary foods and deep fried foods, which when not burnt, turn into fat.
- Consuming more calories than required, the excess calories get converted to fat and accumulates in the belly.
- Digestion problems preventing food digestion.
- Sedentary life style, insufficient exercise.
- Stress triggers our bodies to produce high levels of cortisol, which drives up our appetite and makes us overeat leading to fat deposits at places depending on an enzyme known as lipoprotein lipase which is necessary for fat storage. Indian men are are pot-bellied because they have higher concentration of this enzyme in their abdomen.
- A fall in sex hormones with age may cause belly fat in men and women.
- Does beer responsible for your beert belly?
It is a myth that a round, pot-shaped belly or what is called as a beer belly, is caused by drinking beer. In fact, it is commonly seen in non-alcoholic people as well. Occasionally drinking beer will not cause beer belly.
A beer contains 5 per cent alcohol, so a 500 ml beer contains approximately 170 calories. Consumption of only 1 beer bottle may not give you a pot belly.
Consumption of beer drops your normal blood sugar level, making you lethargic, leading to reduced physical activity which increases the fat in the belly.
Beer consumption leads to hunger pangs so you eat more, usually unhealthy calorie dense foods.