Chana besan and sprouted moong besan curry dishes are both north Indian favorite dishes.
Recipe type: Fat free, cholesterol free
Preparation time: 40 minute
Ingredients: for 4
- 1 Cup Chana (black)
- 6 tsp Besan (Gram flour)
- 2.5 tsp Wheat flower
- 1 cup Skim yogurt (sour) or 2 cup sour butter milk
- 1inch Ginger root chopped
- 1 Green chili, chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh lime juice
- 4-6 cup water
- 1 cup Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Canola oil
- 2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cummin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mint powder, dry
- 1/2 tsp Amchur (dry mango powder)
- 1 small grain Hing, Asafoateda
- Wash chana and soak in 4 cup water over night.
- Boil the chana over medium heat until they become soft, about 15 minutes (1 minute in pressure cooker). Drain the water from the chana, do not throw the water.
- Add 1 cup water to butter milk. If you do not have butter milk, add sour yogurt in 2 cup water (of step 2) and mix well. Mix throughly gram flour and wheat flour.
- Take oil in a deep skillet put on medium heat, pour oil. When the oil becomes hot, add cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds become dark, add all the spices and add green chili and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes. Add chana and lime juice and stir well. (You can adjust the quantity of lime juice and amchur powder according to your taste and the level of sourness of butter milk.
- Transfer the solution of step 3 into the skillet, add more water (to achieve a desired consistency), and put over medium heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves.
Serve hot with chappati, roti, tortilla, bread, plain rice, etc.