Burger Recipes given here make burgers very tasty, tempting, nutritious, and quick to make. They are good as snacks as well as main food and are free from any cholesterol and fat. These are low calorie and low fat burgers.
Recipe Type: Fat free
Preparation Time:15 minutes
- Green cabbage=1/2 cup finely chopped
- Green cabbage=1/2 cup coarsely chopped (two inch long)
- Green onion with stem=1/2 cup chopped
- Onion=2 medium size, sliced
- Green peas= 12-15 Nos.
- Green pepper(Capsicum)=1/4, chopped, 1" thin pieces
- Green chili=1 tsp, chopped
- Fresh coriander (or mint) leaves=12-15
- Fresh Lime juice=1 tsp
- Red chili powder=1/2 tsp
- Salt=1 tsp or to taste
- Turmeric powder=1/8 tsp
- Garam masala or black pepper powder= 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Canola or Olive oil= 1 tsp
- Yogurt=3 tsp
- Burger buns=4
Mix salt, red chili powder, garam masala, lime juice, and 2 tsp water in yogurt. Stir well to make a paste. Heat a nonsticking frying pan and spray oil. Put the yogurt paste in the pan and cook on medium heat (stir frequently) until oil separates and a mesh type texture results (it takes about 5-7 minutes). Add finely chopped cabbage, green onions, green chili, and green peas and cook for 7 minutes.
Take one piece of the bun and spread a thick layer of filling followed by four onion rings. Cover with coarsely chopped cabbage, followed with green peppers and 3-4 mint (or coriander) leaves. Complete the burger with the second piece of bun. Similarly complete other burgers.