Know about the bleeding gum treatment, herbal treatment, essential oils and supplements for gingivitis cure. The aim of the treatment of bleeding gums is to reduce gum inflammation and to eliminate its cause.
Early gingivitis may be completely cured by improving your oral care. The key factor in the management of all types of gum diseases is effective home care.
Visit your Dentist for treating gingivitis (gums bleeding): Once the infection has started to progress to destroy the gum and bone around teeth, an ordinary cleaning will not be enough to stop it. Your dentist will clean your teeth thoroughly by removing deposits from the teeth (scaling). He may remove an advanced periodontitis tooth to prevent the spread of the disease to adjacent teeth.
Rough surfaces of teeth or other dental irritants should be repaired.
Good oral hygiene is essential. Use proper brushing and flossing techniques, bacteria fighting toothpaste and an antibacterial mouth rinse. You should visit your dentist every 6 months for professional tooth cleaning.
Gingivitis Pictures | Causes of Bleeding Gums | Symptoms of Gingivitis | Prevention of Gingivitis |
- You can use a mouth rinse containing chlorhexidine. That is generally recommended for people who have acute gum problems. Avoid use of this mouth wash more than 4 weeks because the teeth may develop a brownish stain. (gingivitis mouthwash)
- A healthy diet that is low in saturated fat and rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains is beneficial in curing the disease.
- In conjunction with the physical removal of dental plaque, there are numerous home remedies that are effective for gingivitis as given below:
- Apply a powdered mixture of 500g of green guava peel, 10g each of phitkari (alum), 10g of black pepper (kali mirch) and 10g of black salt (sendha namak) on your teeth twice a day for a week.
- Apply paste of dry ginger with a little salt to gums.
- Use is dry neem-leaf powder sprinkled on a tooth paste on your brush. It will stop tooth decay and gum disease.
- Massage the gums with a mixture of pure mustard oil with a salt. This will cure pyorrhea.
Essential oils for gingivitis (gums bleeding):
Essential oils that may be helpful in gingivitis are geranium, lemon, tea tree oil, thymol, eucalyptol, etc. These oils are antimicrobial, prevent bacterial aggregation, slow bacterial multiplication, retard plaque maturation and decrease plaque.
(Essential oil mouthwash for gingivitis).
Tea tree oil is a powerful natural antiseptic. Add a drop of this oil on your toothbrush on top of the toothpaste before brushing. This will help inflamed and irritated gums and even prevent gum disease.
Make a mouth wash using one drop of each of geranium, lemon and tea tree oil in half a glass of water and gargle.
Put one or two drops of tea tree oil to a cotton ball and dab your gums, this will reduce inflammation of gums and even prevent gum disease.
Note: Do not swallow the gargle mixture. Some essential oils can be fatal.
Supplements for Gingivitis
- People who are deficient in Vitamin C may be at increased risk for periodontal disease. Vitamin C supplements can improve the gum health of those people who have a low vitamin C intake (those who eat few fruits and vegetables). Vitamin C along with flavonoids (300 mg per day of each) have shown to improve gums health in people with gingivitis.
- A 0.1% solution of folic acid used as a mouth rinse can reduce gum inflammation and bleeding in people with gingivitis.
- Preliminary evidence has linked gingivitis to a coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) deficiency. Topical CoQ10 combined with conventional treatments give better results.
- Calcium supplementation by giving 500 mg of calcium twice per day for six months have been shown in a reduction of symptoms (bleeding gums and loose teeth), although further studies are needed to confirm this.
- Herb that may be helpful in gingivitis are bloodroot, chamomile, echinacea, myrrh and clove. These herbs can provide anti-inflammatory actions and inhibit oral bacteria critical to successfully treating gingivitis.
- Bloodroot (mainly sanguinarine) is used in some toothpastes and mouth rinses. This should be used according to manufacturer's direction as long term of bloodroot is questionable.
- Painful gingivitis can be cured by chewing on a piece of clove or by rubbing clove oil over the sore gums.
- Toothpaste containing sage oil, peppermint oil, chamomile tincture, Echinacea purpurea juice, myrrh tinctur and rhatany tinctures.
- Homeopathic cure for gingivitis (gums bleeding): Following homeopathic treatments have been recommended for the cure of gingivitis:
|Ferrum phosphoricum||poor gums which bleed on brushing.|
|Hypericum||tender gums, to heal bleeding gums.|
|Kali chloricum||acute sores on gums.|
|Kali phosphoricum||gums that bleed easily|
|Mercurius solubilis||acute sores on gums with a coated tongue.|
|Nux vomica||swollen painful gums with the tongue coated white.|
|Phosphorus||swollen gums which bleed easily with an excessive saliva production.|
Give Your Comments: You can add your comments on this article.