The information on warning signs of life threatening various diseases are given on this page. The information on early danger signs is a general guide only. Consult your Doctor if you have any illness.
You should know the threatening sign of various diseases that can take the life if not treated. So it is always better to know the disease symptoms or signs.
Today the number of persons with heart disease, cancer, and stroke are increasing. These diseases are responsible for majority of deaths. Unhealthy life style is a major contributor for these life taking diseases. According to Stanford University of School of Medicine in California, " Not only do persons with better health habit survive longer, but in such persons, disability is postponed and compressed into fewer years at the end of life."
People should know the early signals of these diseases, so that you can go to the doctor at an early stage of the disease and there is a very high possibility of treatment of the disease.
Following are some early symptoms and signs that you should not overlook. Don't ignore them. You should consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Unexplained weight loss, which may signal such things as chronic infection, depression or in serious cases, cancer.
- Unexplained changes in bowel habits may be due to inflammatory bowel disease, ulcers, cancers or infections.
- Chest pain with a pain in the jaw or arm can be a sign of heart disease.
- Shortness of breath, breathing trouble may indicate lung or heart disease.
- Sudden unexplained headaches, especially in people over 50. It may be nothing or it may something serious in the brain like an infection or a tumour.
- Sudden weakness or numbness of the face, arm or leg on one side of the body.
- Loss of speech or trouble talking or understanding speech or blurring or loss of vision. This may indicate a stroke or a transient ischaemic attack.
- Confusion, changes in behaviour or thinking, disorientation, hallucinations are the warning signs of possible low blood sugar, possible head injury, side effects of drugs.
- Flashing lights in someone who has otherwise normal vision may be the beginning of retinal detachment.
- Hot, red or swollen joints indicate arthritis or joint infection.
- Fever (over 37.5 degree C) persisting over a week may mean a chronic underlying infection, cancer or some other illness.
The leading causes of death are some diseases.
1998 report by Health Care State Rankings
Based on the study over a period of 55 years on the lifestyle, including lifetime smoking, obesity, and exercise of 1741 males and females, the scientists have concluded that healthy habits can extend life span while lending off disability. In the study carried out, the numbers of deaths for different diseases are given below:
- Heart disease:743,460;
- Cancer: 529,900;
- Stroke: 150,108;
- Pulmonary disease: 101,077;
- Adverse drug reaction 76000-137,000;
- Pneumonia 75,719; and
- Diabetes: 53,894.
Visit the pages below to know about the early warning signs of life threatening diseases and other related information.
- Warning signs of Brain Tumor
- Symptoms of Cancer
If you experience any of the given signs of any cancer type, you should consult your Doctor. It is advisable to get screened every year to detect any cancer at an early stage.....
- Mesothelioma Cancer
Mesothelioma cancer may occur even after the exposures to asbestos fibers and dust have been eliminated. There are about 30-50% of patients without any history of exposure.
- Warning signs of Liver Cancer
The liver cancer occurs more frequently in males than females. There is a strong association between chronic hepatitis B infection and the development of Hepatocellular carcinoma liver cancer.
- Causes, symptoms and prevention of Cancer
To prevent cancer one should eat lots of vegetables, fruits, legumes, lentils and whole grains.....
- Skin Cancer
Skin cancer is caused due to over exposure of the skin to UV radiation from the sun. This damages the skin, causing it to change colour and burn, increasing the skin cancer risk......
- Heart Attack
Note that not every heart attack starts with the left arm pain. You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack. Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms.....
- Stroke prevention
Brain stroke is fast emerging as a silent killer of youngsters in India. Doctors blame high levels of stress and an erratic lifestyle causing disorders like diabetes, high cholesterol and hypertension causing brain stroke. FAST is an easy way to remember the signs of stroke......
- Urinary Incontinence treatment
The urinary incontinence is the unwanted leakage of urine. Its symptoms increase with age. The fecal incontinence is the involuntary loss of solid or liquid stool. It may be due to conditions such as bladder disorders, problems with nerves to and from the bladder,
neurological problems, etc....
- Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary tract infection is the common type of serious infection in our body. An infection occurs when bacteria from the digestive tract go to the opening of the urethra and multiply. A urinary tract infection may be in the kidneys and or bladder. Cranberry juice may prevent urinary tract infections.
- Enlarged prostate symptoms
Men of age 50 onwards may have enlarged prostate, known as benign prostatic hyperplasia. These men may have a frequent urge to urinate or dribbling after urination..... Prostate Cancer
- Blood in Urine symptoms
Blood in urine is not always a serious condition. Some causes of blood in urine are not serious, while others may be serious......
- Early signs of Kidney Stones
Small tiny kidney stones do not produce any symptoms and warning signs. There are some kidney stones treatment which you can try at home.
- Gout symptoms
People with gout either have a problem in removing uric acid from their body or produce too much uric acid. If untreated, gout can harm joints, tendons and other tissues.
- Thyroid Symptoms
The thyroid disease problems occur mainly when the thyroid gland becomes either underactive or overactive. The cancer of the thyroid gland is rare. Most lumps or nodules in the neck are non-cancerous. Read the Thyroid symptoms, Thyroid Levels and Thyroid treatment
These diseases, if detected early, can often be controlled or stopped. If you experience any of the warning signs, do not get panicky. Consult your Doctor. Note that some of the warning signs may be due to other reasons.