Recipe type: Fat free, cholesterol free
Preparation time: 25 minute
- Ghat 1/2 cup, cold
- Whole wheat flour 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped, 1/4 cup
- Ginger, finely chopped 2 tsp
- Green Chilli 2, finely chopped
- Canola oil / Olive oil
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp, coarsely powdered
- In a wide bowl take all the ingredients. Mix well. Add a few tsp of water to make it loose.
- Heat a nonsticking frying pan and spray oil on it. When the skillet is hot, reduce the heat to medium. Dip a table spoon in water, take it out, and hold the mixture of step 1 in it and drop it on the frying pan. Spread the mixture on the pan with the back of the spoon. (Alternately, you can use your fingers to hold the mixture in your hand and spread it on the frying pan. BUT BE CAREFUL!).
- Let the chila cook for 5 minutes. Spray oil on the chila and reverse it cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve hot with pickles or yogurt or simply plain.