Submitted by Nayna Kanabar.
Recipe Type: This is not a low fat recipe. No added cholesterol.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cup fine corn flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger paste
- 1 /2 Tbsp gresh ground green chilies or to taste
- 1 Tbsp till (sesame) seeds
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped green methi (fenugreek)
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1 level tsp eno salts
- Cooking oil for frying
- 1.25 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp carom (ajwain) seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients and make a dough. Leave overnight or for 2-3 hours.
- Next divide the mixture into small balls and pat them out into flat vadas (pattie or idli shape).
- Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
Serve with fresh natural yoghurt or coriander-mint chutney. The vadas will keep in airtight container for 4-5 days.