Recipe type: Fatfree, cholesterol free
Preparation time: 20 minute
- 150 g Skim milk powder or 125 g evaporated skim milk or evaporated milk
- 300 ml Skim milk
- 3 fresh corn, remove seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom seeds, powdered
- 10 Almonds, soaked in warm water for 4-5 hours
- 3 tsp sugar (or to taste)
- a few strands Saffron
- In a deep skillet take corn seeds and 1/2 cup milk and boil. Remove from heat and let it cool. Transfer to a grinder and grind to a coarse texture.
- Take 150 ml milk in a bowl. Mix slowly milk powder or evaporated milk while stirring. Keep aside.
- Pour remaining milk in a deep skillet and place it on medium heat. Add corn of step 1 and boil for 10-12 minutes. Add milk mixture (step 2) and boil for another 5 minutes (10-12 minutes for milk powder). Stir occasionally so that nothing sticks at the bottom.
- While the milk is boiling, remove the skin of almonds. Cut them in thin and long pieces.
- Add almond pieces, sugar, saffron strands, and cardamom powder to the boiling kheer (step 3).
Serve corn pudding warm or cold.
Note: If evaporated milk or milk powder is not available, increase the amount of milk. Boil the milk on medium heat with continous stirring to make it thick.
Healthy dessert recipes | How to make chasni | Khoya or Mawa recipe| Nutrition facts of Milk | Ras Malai recipe | Rasgulla recipe | Milk Burfi | Almond burfi recipe | Khajoor burfi | Kaju Katli recipe | Shrikhand recipe | Kheer Recipe | Gulab Jamun recipe | Carrot halwa recipe | Sooji halwa recipe| Moon dal halwa recipe| Kasaar Aata Gud Burfi | Besan ladoo recipe | Calories in Rasgulla | Calories in Gulab Jamun