Burfi is a popular Indian sweet which is made from mawa or khoya and sugar. Barfi is garnished with cashew or pistachio or is coated with a edible varak (silver leaf). This method uses a microwave so the burfies take very less time to make.
Recipe type: Dairy product, fat free
Preparation time: 15 minute
Milk Burfi -->
- Skim Milk Powder 200 g
- Reduced fat or low fat milk cream 1 tin (225 g)
- Cardamom seeds powdered, 1/8 tsp
- Sugar 100 g (to taste)
- Mix all the ingredients in a microwave safe deep bowl.
- Put the bowl in a microwave for a total time of 7-8 minutes, switch off the microwave every 2 minutes and stir well.
- Let the mixture cool for 3-4 minutes. Add sugar and mix it well. Again put the bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Take out the bowl and let it cool to a temperature that is comfortable to touch. Make a dough of the mixture and roll on a flat plate by a rolling pin or press by hand or with the bottom of a round bowl to a thickness of about 5 mm.
- After about 2 hours, cut the burfi in diamond or square shape.
- If the khoya milk burfi is not fully set, place it in fridge for overnight. You can decorate burfi with varak.
Healthy dessert recipes | How to make chasni | Khoya or Mawa recipe| Nutrition facts of Milk | Ras Malai recipe | Rasgulla recipe | Milk Burfi | Almond burfi recipe | Khajoor burfi | Kaju Katli recipe | Shrikhand recipe | Kheer Recipe | Gulab Jamun recipe | Carrot halwa recipe | Sooji halwa recipe| Moon dal halwa recipe| Kasaar Aata Gud Burfi | Besan ladoo recipe | Calories in Rasgulla | Calories in Gulab Jamun