Submitted by Nayna Kanabar
Pitta pocket is a snack or complete meal that uses grilled vegetables in pitta pocket.
Recipe Type:Very low fat, no added cholesterol
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 small aubergine
- 1 courgette
- handful diced paneer(optional)
- pitta bread
- 1 tspn crushed garlic /ginger paste.
- 1 tspn chopped green chilies.
- 2 tspn tomato ketchup
- 1 tspn chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tspn olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients for marinade.
- Chop all vegetables into chunks and toss in marinade. Leave for 30 mins.
- Next place all the marinaded vegetables on a flat, slightly oiled baking tray and grill until vegtables just begin to char. (alternatively vegetables can be put on skewer and barbecued).
- Remove from grill.
- Slice a warmed pitta bread and fill with the cooked vegetables.
Serve hot with side salad or coriander-mint chutney.