Recipe type: Low fat, cholesterol free
Preparation time: 25 minute
- 1 Green pepper (capsicum)
- 2 Potatoes medium size
- 1/2 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp green peas
- 1 Green chili, finely chopped
- 1 small piece Ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup Coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbspn Fatfree yogurt
- 3/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp amchoor (dried mango) powder
- salt to taste
- 8-10 raisins/cashewnuts
- 2 tsp Canola/Olive Oil
- Wash the potatoes and boil in water till tender. Cut the potatoes in small pieces. Cut the pepper into pieces, of the size of potato pieces.
- Add about 4 tsp water to yogurt and mix all the spices in it. Stir well to make a paste.
- Heat a nonsticking frying pan and put oil. When the oil start smoking, put the yogurt paste in the pan and cook on medium heat (stir frequently) until oil separates and a mesh type texture results (it takes about 5-7 minutes).
- Add ginger, green chilies and onion to step 3 and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add potato pieces, capsicum pieces, peas; pour 1 Tbsp water and mix well. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve with roti, chapatti, bread, etc. or use for burgers.