Moong Dal Khicahri is a good main or breakfast dish. It is light and easily digestable made of moong dal, so good for sick people and children. It is good for stomach if you have stomach pain. It is very popular in Jodhpur for its rich flavours and taste.
Recipe type: Fat free, cholesterol free
Preparation time: 30 minute
- Mung dal (with skin), 1 cup
- Rice, 1/2 cup
- Water, 3 cup
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp
- Onion, finely chopped, 1 cup
- Lime/lemon juice, fresh, 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped, 1 Tbsp
- In a pressure cooker, add all the ingredients and put on high heat. When the pressure is about to come, slow down the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with onion, coriander, and lemon juice.
Serve hot with yogurt or any cooked vegetable.
The coocked khichari should be like tomato catchup thick.