Type: Fat free, no added cholesterol
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Puffed rice or rice pops or rice bubbles or rice murmure, 1 cup
- Pea nuts, 1 Tbsp
- Cashew nuts,roasted,1 Tbsp
- Raisins (kishmish), 1 Tbsp
- Green chili, 2, finely chopped (optional)
- Mint leaves or curry leaves, finely chopped, 1 Tbsp
- garam masala, 1 tspn
- Red chili powder, 1 tspn
- Coriander powder, 2 tspn
- Amchoor (Mango powder), 2 tspn or some tartaric acid (tartary)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar, 1 Tbsp
- Oil, 3 tspn
- Mix all the spices and keep aside.
- Put oil in a deep skillet and heat. Stir in green chili and mint leaves for about 15-20 seconds. Add all the ingredients except the sugar, stir well and remove the skillet from heat.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture on the above skillet and mix well by hand to oat the rice bubbles with the spices.
- When the skillet becomes cool, mix the sugar. Store in air-tight container.
Note: Most of the spices will settle at the bottom of the container that can be reused after the rice bubbles finishes.