The given recipe of lauki kofta ki sabji makes very tasty dish..
Recipe type: Reduced Fat, Cholesterol free
Preparation time: 30 minute
- 2 cups grated lauki
- 1 cup Besan
- 1 Onion large, chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, crushed
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Canola oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Take the grated lauki in a deep skillet, add some water and cook until tender. Drain and add besan, salt and 1/2 tsp of the chili powder. Add some water to make a loose dough. Make small 1 inch balls.
- Deep fry the balls to a golden brown color on medium heat. Transfer the balls onto a kitchen towel to soak extra oil.
- Heat a skillet and add 1 Tbsp oil. Put cumin seeds and stir untill they start to sputter. Add onion, garlic, chopped tomato, green chili and ginger. Add rest of the spices and stir for 5 minutes. Add 1 cup water. When the whole thing comes to boil put all the balls and cover the skillet with the lid. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish lauki ke kofte ki sabji with corianer leaves.