Raita is a dish whose main ingredient is yogurt. However, imli raita is made by imli (tamarind) rather than yogurt. You can use raita as a sauce. It is good for increasing metabolism.
Tamarind is good for health. It can increase (boost) your metabolism. Imli Raita or tamarind raita recipe is given which makes a sour taste raita that can be eaten with rice.
Recipe type: Fat free, cholesterol free
Preparation time: 20 minute
- Imli (tamarind), seeded, 100 g
- Jaggery (Gur), 3/4 cup
- Water for syrup, 300 ml
- Chana dal, 100 g
- Red chili powder, 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cumin (jeera) powder, 1/2 tsp
- Heat all the water and soak imli and jaggery for half an hour.
- Take chana dal in a deep skillet and pour some water. Boil until the dal becomes tender, about 4-5 minutes. (Do not overcook the dal).
- Crush the contents of step 1 with fingers to mix jaggery and imli pulp. Sieve this with a corse sieve to get a thick syrup.
- Add all the spices and chana dal and mix well.
Serve cold with roti, chapati, rice, etc.
Note: The consistency of the syrup should be similar to that of a tomato sauce. Adjust the water in the syrup according to the quality of tamarind and jaggery. You can use tamarind pulp. If you do not get jaggery, you can use dark brown sugar.