Know how to make a body wrap at home to reduce inches helping you in slimming and detoxify your body.
Body wraps are useful for weight loss, cellulite elimination and detoxification.
However, there is no scientific evidence that body wraps pull out toxins or purify your body in any way, according to Elizabeth Tanzi, a Washington, D.C. dermatologist.
What is A Body Wrap?
Body wraps can help in healing of skin problems, tone and tighten the skin, improve circulation, alleviate muscle and joint pain, treat acne, detoxify the body and help mobilize fat so it can be eliminated from the body naturally helping you slim.
You only need a mixing bowl, heating pot and wrapping sheets like thin towels.
Body wraps claim to remove excess and unwanted waste in the body's tissue and toning the skin. It is capable of removing up to 20 inches from the body in addition to reduce the cellulite.
How Does a Body Wrap Work?
It work in two stages: absorption and squeezing (compaction).
In the absorption stage you apply a substance on your body by cloth "bandages" or "wraps". Once the pores of skin are opened, the fluids are "extracted" or "absorbed" by the substance and the bandage. So, in order to get the most "inch loss" and "detoxification" a good absorbent is needed. There are several options: sea clay, seaweed, herbal, mineral and aloe vera. The effect of the wrap is determined by the ingredients used. The sea clay leaves the skin feeling dry for a day or so after the wrap. A rule of thumb is: the more absorbent the product, the more inch loss will be obtained, but the drier the skin will feel for a day or two following a body wrap.
Squeezing is simply compacting the tissues together after the "interstitial fluid" has been extracted. Once the fluids have been extracted, there are empty pockets" between the cells. So if somehow we can squeeze them closer together, the end result should be a thinner and leaner looking body. If you can hold the body's cells in this shape for a very short time, the body's cells begin to "pe-adhere" themselves to hold the new shape. The bandages and wraps squeeze the body part and squeezing together the empty "pockets", resulting in weight loss.
The bandages are the 2nd step of the process, and the bandages may be of many different materials. Some wrap providers use "Ace" type bandages that are less coarse and are not as strong, while other providers use terry cloth, or just soft cotton cloth with no elastic. Each wrap provider will choose their wrap cloth depending on what they wish to accomplish.
Most likely, you will perspire when getting a body wrap anyway, so you should drink lots of water before, during, and after the body wrap.
Body wraps are not just a water weight loss. You should not worry about the inches coming back.
Ingredients of Herbal Wrap
A simple body wrap can be a mixture of a clay and some salt. A more complex herbal wrap contains herbs, essential oils and nutritive ingredients. The exact proportions of ingredients are not important but the repeated use will be useful. You can add a small amount of nutrition oil (up to 2 tablespoons) if your skin is too dry.
Salt: Sea Salt, Epsom
Herbs: Alfalfa leaf powder, Calendula powder, Chamomile flower powder, Fennel seed powder, Ginger Root powder, Lavender Buds Powder, Neem powder, Parsley powder, Rose Petal powder, Rosehip Powder, St. Johns Wort
Wetting Agents: Apple Cider Vinegar or Glycerin (add equal amount of distill water), Whole Milk Powder or Butter Milk Powder (Add water to make a thick cream).
Essential Oils: Lavender, Lemon, Lemon grass, Rosemary, Grapefruit, Basil.
Body Wrap Types
There are many different body wraps, but the main types are:
- Detox, which includes ingredients such as seaweed or mud.
- Moisturizing, which uses a variety of lotions and ingredients.
- Slimming that use smaller strips wrapped tightly.
- Cellulite, which typically uses herbs.
Tips for Using
- Take a warm shower before applying wrap. This will open the pores.
- Drink lots of water both before and after your wrap. That will help in flushing out the toxins and dislodged fat. Keep a glass of water nearby so you can sip while you relax.
- Try to avoid caffeine, sugar, fried fatty foods, and soda drinks.
How to Apply?
- Warm approximately half a gallon (64 oz ) of distilled water in a stainless steel vessel for an amount of time that will not cause any danger of burns and add all of the ingredients. Mix well and allow the mixture to cool until it is comfortable to touch.
- Choose a warm room so that the wrap does not get cool quickly.
- Dip sheets in the mixture, one at a time and wrap your body starting from your ankles. Let the wrap be there for one hour.
- Take a cool or warm bath afterwards.
- Take a hot bath on the second or third day after a wrap to heal open the pores and release accumulated toxins from the skin.
Comments to date: 4. Page 1 of 1.
rajni bakshi, IP: 22.214.171.124 3:40am on Friday, June 26th, 2015
i want to loose my tummy as soon as possible.
jyoti gupta, IP: 126.96.36.199 2:10pm on Thursday, September 25th, 2014
need to reduce my weight fast.
Pallavi, IP: 188.8.131.52 4:38pm on Friday, May 31st, 2013
I want to loose my weight up to 10 kg in 1 month through diet plan and exercise.
DR manpreet, IP: 184.108.40.206 12:38pm on Tuesday, December 11th, 2012
I want to reduce many inches from my body.