The simple acne home remedies given here will cure your acne and pimples in a few days at home without any medication. Try them and see the results.
Beware of Acne Medications
Accutane and Roaccutane are popular prescription medications to deal with the acne and embarrassing skin blemishes. But these pills can cause eye infections such as conjunctivitis or sties, according to research (2012) carried by Dr. Gabriel Chodick of Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
The research findings reveal that a common side effect of these medicines is dryness of skin and lips, so these medications would also effect the lubrication of the eyelids, specifically the oil glands along the rim of the eyelid.
People using these medications should use artificial tear eye drops to keep the eyes lubricated.
How To Get Rid Of Acne
Please check if you have any allergies or sensitivity with some ingredients used; such as glycerin, lemons, orange, garlic, papaya, eggs, etc. The following treatment and cures are good for all body acne including scalp acne. After you have successfully treated your acne, you will need to treat your acne scars (Acne Scars Treatment), if any.
Homemade Beauty Recipes
Homemade body scrubs
Get Fair Skin Complexion
Dark circles under eyes remedies
Homemade facial masks
Home Remedies for glowing skin
Foods for healthy skin
Facial hair home remedy
Blackheads & whiteheads home Remedies
Yoga facial exercises
Wrinkles home remedies
home remedies for dandruff
home remedies for grey hair
Acne usually begins with blackheads. Blackheads are formed when oil and dead cells get trapped in a pore. They then turn black when exposed to air. When blackheads become inflamed, they become red (pimples). They multiply when touched with dirty hands. So to get rid of acne, you should also try blackhead remedies.
Add fresh juice of one lemon or lime to one cup of hot water and drink in the morning on an empty stomach. It will purify the blood by removing metabolic waste and by changing blood pH.
- Apply ripe tomato or cucumber pulp on acne or pimples and keep upto 1 hour, then wash.
- Rub fresh garlic on and around pimples. Pimples should disappear without a mark with regular applications. Garlic will kill acne-causing bacteria.
Apply some garlic juice on your face for about an hour once a week. Do not keep it for too long as it can aggravate sensitive skin.
- Make a paste of neem leaves with turmeric powder. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Zinc, Vitamin A, B & E, echinacea, thyme and tea tree oil can treat acne. Take vitamin B tablet, you should see results in a few weeks.
- Carbohydrate foods with low glycemic index or a low GI diet can improve acne by 50 percent.
- Grind nutmeg (jaiphal) with unboiled milk and apply for 1-2 hours.
- Make a paste by mixing honey and cinnamon powder. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. Repeat for two weeks.
- Mix 1 tablespoon groundnut oil with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice to prevent formation of blackheads and acne.
- Ground drumstick pods and leaves and mix with fresh lime juice, and apply. This is also good for blackheads and dark spots.
- Apply juice of raw papaya (including the skin and seed) on swelling pimples or acne.
- Use fresh lime juice mixed to a glass of boiled milk as a face wash for pimples, blackheads, and cracked skin.
- Mix lime juice and rose water in equal portions. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- How to heal acne?
To heal acne, rub the inside of the banana peel over the acne in the night and wash in the morning.
- Apply a mixture of 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder. Note that this remedy is not for sensitive skin.
- Make a paste of roasted and powdered pomgranate skin with fresh lime juice and apply over boils,acne, pimple, blackheads and whiteheads.
- Apply grated potatoes as poultice to treat skin blemishes, wrinkles, boils, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads , etc.
- Make a paste of sandalwood with rose water. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Make a paste of ground radish seeds with water and apply on face to remove blackheads.
- Apply a paste of ground seasame seeds with water as poultice for inflammation of the skin due to allergies, skin rashes, pimples and acne.
- Apply a paste of fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves over the face every night and wash with warm water in the morning for preventing pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, dryness, and wrinkles.
- Make a paste of ground orange peel with water and apply on the affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Make a paste of salt in vinegar. Rub it on the pimples. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder in mint juice. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Apply fresh mint juice over face every night for pimples or acne prevention. Fresh mint juice is good for the treatment of pimples, insect stings, eczema, scabies and other skin infections.
- Drinking of wheatgrass juice may remove acne.
Toothpaste for PimplesThe ingredients in the toothpaste dry the skin and clear up the acne if left on the skin for some time. Note that it is only a short-term pimple cure.
Apply a thin layer of toothpaste to the affected area with a sponge, and cover the area. Let the toothpaste dry and leave it on the pimple for overnight. In the morning, wash off the dried toothpaste with a cloth and applyt an oil-free moisturizer.