Quick and easy, hair care tips for damaged hair are given to keep your hair healthy and shining.
Hair is made of protein. A diet rich in protein can avoid most of the hair problems. An unhealthy diet and stress/tension in life affect your hair. Proper care can give you fabulous, shining, thick, beautiful, gorgeous, and dandruff free hair.
- Oiling hair regularly will prevent various hair problems.
- Trim the split-ends of the hair regularly.
- Do not over brush your hair. Brush your hair regularly with a good quality hairbrush/comb. Use a broad toothed comb brush on wet hair. Wash your brush or comb regualrly with soap or shampoo.
- Avoid the use of other's comb. Always clean your comb.
- Do not use very hot air for drying wet hair.
- Avoid over-exposure to the sun.
- If you color your hair, try to organic dyes such as henna (mehndi) or coffee and avoid non-organic dyes like peroxides.
- Vitamins for healthy hair
- The B-Complex vitamins and Antioxidants for healthy hair. A deficiency in vitamins B2, B6 or biotin may cause hair loss. Inositol helps hair growth. Vitamin C and E help circulation in scalp.
- Sulfur is good for hair growth, Beta Carotene for shining hair.
Homemade Beauty Recipes
Homemade body scrubs
Acne home remedies
Acne scars removal
Get Fair Skin Complexion
Dark circles under eyes remedies
Homemade facial masks
Home Remedies for glowing skin
Foods for healthy skin
Facial hair home remedy
Blackheads & whiteheads home Remedies
Yoga facial exercises
Wrinkles home remedies
home remedies for dandruff
home remedies for grey hair
- Do not make tight braids and pony tails that can cause hair loss due to Traction Alopecia.
- Do not blow hot air on hair to avoid damage.
- Wear a head cap during swimming because chlorine in swimming pool water is harmful for the hair.
- Protect your hair from UV rays in sunlight to avoid hair damage and graying.
- Avoid rain water on your hair as environmental chemicals present in that water that can cause hair loss.
- Always use a wide toothed comb. Avoid excessive combing as it can cause split ends.
- Avoid harsh chemicals present in hair colors and bleaching agents to prfevent hair fall.
Scientists in London, as reported in The Daily Telegraph (November 2008) found that women who come into contact with the hairspray products containing chemicals called phthalates during the first three months of pregnancy increased the chances of having a son with hypospadias, a genital deformity causing the urinary opening to be shifted beneath the penis. The study showed that taking folic supplements reduces the risk. An increased risk was only seen in women whose jobs led to high exposure to hairspray chemicals, such as beauty therapists, hairdressers, research chemists and workers in hair product factory.
Hair Care Myths
There are many advises about hair care that appear to be sound and worth to try, but actually they are nothing but myths. Following are some tips that are supposed to be true but are only myths.
- Myth: Trim your hair to frequently to grow them faster and denser. Whether you trim your hair or not, they grow half an inch every 4 weeks. Trimming split hair ends improves the look of your hair.
- Myth: Stress is the main cause of hair loss We daily lose about 100 hairs daily even in the absense of stress. However, you may lose more than this, if you are very stressed.
- Myth: Plucking out grey hair will grow more grey hair. Plucking grey hair may damage hair follicles and lead to infection on the scalp. But there is no connection between plucking and greying hair.
Give Your Comments: You can add your comments on this article or share your recipes for hair care.