Preparation time: 30 minute
- Kaddu, 250 g, cut into about 1inch chunks
- Green Chilli, 1 size, finely chopped
- Onion, 1, finely chopped
- Canola Oil, 2 tsp
- Water, 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves, chopped, 1 Tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Powder, 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp
- garam masala, 1/2 tsp
- Amchoor, 1/2 tsp
- Onion seeds (kalonji), 1/2 tsp
- Methi, Fenugreek seeds, 1/2 tsp
- Hing, a pinch
- Sugar, 2 tsp
- Heat a deep skillet and pour oil. When the oil becomes hot, add onions and stir till becomes light brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add fenugreek, hing, onion seeds, green chili and stir for 1/2 minute.
- Add pumpkin pieces, salt, turmeric powder, amchoor, coriander powder, garam masala, red chili powder, and stir. Add 1 tsp water and cook untill pumpkin becoms soft, 15-20 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir vigorously with a spoon with a little pressure so that pumpkin pieces are mashed up.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.