Causes of black under eyes in men and women and their home remedies are discussed.
It is quite common to have dark color encircling the eyes (dark or black under eyes), but they are usually temporary and can be removed or treated.
Causes of dark circles
The natural question is what causes dark circles around eyes?
- Dark under eye circles are generally due to a lack of sleep, fatigue, stress, deficiency or some disease. These may be hereditary.
- Nasal congestion can also cause dark circles around eyes.
- Chronic atopic eczema on skin can cause dark circles.
- They may also be due to aging which thins the skin near the eyes.
- Eyelid swelling or eye puffiness can produce shadows producing light dark areas.
Homemade Beauty Recipes
Homemade body scrubs
Acne home remedies
Acne scars removal
Get Fair Skin Complexion
Homemade facial masks
Home Remedies for glowing skin
Foods for healthy skin
Facial hair home remedy
Blackheads & whiteheads home Remedies
Yoga facial exercises
Wrinkles home remedies
home remedies for dandruff
home remedies for grey hair
How To Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes
Try one home remedy at a time to get rid of the dark circles.
- Drink at least ten glasses of water everyday.
- Take all precautions to avoid strain on the eyes.
- Eight hours of sleep is a must for all of us, specially for people having dark circles around their eyes.
- Do not leave cream on the skin around the eyes for long periods. Remove the cream applied around the eye after 10 min. No cream should be left on the skin around the eyes for long periods.
- Close your eyes and cover eyelids with slices of raw potato or cucumber for 15-20 minutes. Wash with warm water and apply a cream.
- Make a 1:1 mixture of fresh potato and cucumber juices. Soak some cotton and put on your eyelids and keep for 20 minutes. Wash your eyes with cold water.
- Apply a mixture of lemon and tomato juice (equal parts) on the dark areas 2 times a day.
- Apply a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice.
- Crush some mint and apply it all around the eye.
- Massage with almond oil under and around eyes at bed time daily for 2 weeks and see the improvement. Almond is very good skin food and helps to remove dark eye circles.
- Rub the area with a powdered Vitamin E capsule and wipe off with a mixture of honey and egg white. This will reduce darkness in the eye area.
- Put hot and cold clothes alternatively under eyes for 10 minutes. Then apply some almond oil on the dark surface before going to bed.
- The acupressure point for eyes is on the mount below the index finger of your palms. Pressing this mount may help.
Causes of Eye Puffiness & Bags Under Eyes & Their Treatment
Heredity, lack of sleep, excessive crying, stress, high sodium intake, allergic reaction, excess consumption of alcohol, sinus problems, irritation from contact lenses can cause bags under eyes.
- Raise the head of your bed at night. This helps prevent fluids from accumulating around your eyes as you sleep.
- Place a bag of frozen vegetables in a thin cloth over closed eyes for 10-15 minutes and keep your head upright.
- Tie some potato grates in a cloth and place over eyes for about 15-20 minutes.
- Place chilled cucumber slices over eyes for about 20 minutes.
- Place damp tea bags over eyes for about 20 minutes. Chamomile tea is better because it has anti-inflammatory properties that will help reduce the puff.
- Apply vitamin E or olive oil.
- Practice the exercise for eye puffiness daily.
- Apply a 1:1 mixture of cucumber juice and lemon juice for 10-15 minutes.
- Apply a cool tap water compress to the skin under your eyes for about 15 minutes.
For better Vision:
- Eat vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin A to prevent dark circles around eyes.
- Immerse carrot in hot water and leave for a few minutes. Drink the liquid 3 times a day before meals.
- Dip cotton balls in rose water or cold water and keep under the eyes for 10 minutes to get rid of dark eye circles.
- Try placing cooled chamomile tea bags over and around the eyes to reduce dark circles and eye bags.