Dry Skin on face and other parts of the body is a problem to many people, in extreme case, the skin become cracked on face, hands and feet. Some people have advanced condition with rash, known as pruritus.
When the level of sebum becomes low, skin loses its ability to retain moisture. Moisture somewhat provides protection to skin from the harmful UV rays from the sun.
Dry Skin Causes
Homemade Beauty Recipes
Homemade body scrubs
Acne home remedies
Acne scars removal
Get Fair Skin Complexion
Dark circles under eyes remedies
Homemade facial masks
Home Remedies for glowing skin
Foods for healthy skin
Facial hair home remedy
Blackheads & whiteheads home Remedies
Yoga facial exercises
Wrinkles home remedies
home remedies for dandruff
home remedies for grey hair
- Frequent Washing with Hot Water: Hot water dissolves away oils from the skin making it dry.
- Using Non-moisturizing Soaps with Harsh Ingredients: Non-moisturizing soaps dehydrate the skin and decrease moisture from the body.
- Harsh weather: Excessive cold and hot weather contribute the skin to become dry.
- Some medication: Medicines like diuretics such as Lesix remove water from the body that can cause dryness.
- Ichthyosis disease: This is a rare genetic disease that may be the reason of dry skin.
How To Prevent Dry Skin ?
Skin dryness can be cured in most cases. Follow the following treatment options. If these treatments are not effective in curing your drying skin, then you must consult a dermatologist.
- Do not wash your hands and face frequently or take long baths. You lose moisture and it makes skin dry. If you are in a habit of washing frequently, then use products containing anti-pruritic agents such as oatmeal or pine oil. Pat dry your skin after wash with a towel, on the skin.
- Do not use alcohol-based soaps, instead use oil-based moisturizing soap.
- If you take bath with hot water, then use lukewarm water to protect the skin against dryness. After the bath, do not rub the body, but pat dry it.
- Drink plenty of water. It is an important remedy and beneficial in treating dryness. You will see relief after a few weeks.
- If you have a dry facial skin, then do not use a dry skin cream (creme), lotion or any product containing alcohol which removes the oils from the skin making it dry. Use mild oil-based skin lotions and creams containing glycerin, glycol or Alpha hydroxyacid (AHA). They help store the moisture in the skin and promote healing the skin. This will control your problem.
- Use a humidifier in the room during winter to maintain the humidity needed for the preservation of skin moisture. It becomes more important if you are using heaters during winter.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Do some exercise. It is better to have a regular physical activity.