Sambhar (sambar) powder spice is an important spice in south Indian dishes. You can make the spice as given below.
- Bengal gram dal (urad dal), 1 Tbsp
- Coriander seeds, 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds, 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder, 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds (dana methi), 1 tsp
- Hing (asoefetida), 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds, 1 tsp
- Red chili powder, 1 tsp
- Black pepper, 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves, dried (curry patta), 5-7
- Coconut grated, 1 Tbsp
- Oil, 1 tsp
- Spray oil in a non-stick frying pan and roast each of the above till they turn aromatic.
- Mix all the ingredients and grind into a fine powder using a grinder.
- Store sambhar (sambar) in a air-tight bottle and use sambhar (sambar) spice when required.
Also Read The Following
All Spices & Herbs | Hindi Names of Spices | Medicinal Herbs | Amchur health benefits | Asafetida Hing Spice | Cinnamon spice benefits | Fenugreek health benefits | Ginger benefits | Turmeric spice health benefits | Mace Spice | Cinnamon Spice | Mint spice benefits | Cumin health benefits