Always apply the mask on your hair from the roots to the ends.
This page gives details on home made hair mask recipes and packs for split ends, dry, greasy, frizzy, hair growth and oily hair are given to get beautiful hair. You can treat your damaged hair to get shining hair with these masks including banana and olive oil hair mask, etc. as given below.
Olive Oil Hair Mask or PackMix 5 tablespoon of olive oil with 2 eggs. Apply throughly to hair. Wrap head with plastic wrap or a shower cap. After 15 minutes rinse well.
Honey & Olive Oil Hair Mask -1Mix 2 tablespoon honey with 3 tablespoon olive oil. Apply throughly to hair. Cover hair with plastic wrap or a shower cap. After 15 minutes shampoo and rinse well.
Beautiful Gorgeous Hair Mask -2After you shampoo your hair, pour 1 cup fresh lemon juice or vinegar through hair and massage and rinse with water. Apply your usual conditioner and wash with water. It will remove all the dirt and your hair will be shine sparkling. Do not repeat this method before 2 weeks.
Hair Mask For Hair ProblemsGrind fenugreek (methi) seeds soaked in water overnight. Massage this paste on scalp and hair and leave it for15-20 minutes. Wash it off with a mild shampoo. This paste is good for all types of hair problems, viz. dandruffs, falling hair, thinning of hair, baldness, split hair, etc.
Homemade Beauty Recipes
Homemade body scrubs
Acne home remedies
Acne scars removal
Get Fair Skin Complexion
Dark circles under eyes remedies
Homemade facial masks
Home Remedies for glowing skin
Foods for healthy skin
Facial hair home remedy
Blackheads & whiteheads home Remedies
Yoga facial exercises
Wrinkles home remedies
home remedies for dandruff
home remedies for grey hair
Banana Hair MaskMake a hair pack by mixing one egg yolk, 1 Tbsp lemon juice and 1 Tbsp black gram flour in 1 cup yogurt and apply to your hair. Wash after 4 hours. Whenever possible, try to use an herbal organic shampoo.
Avocado Hair MaskBeat one avocado into a fine pulp and mix with some coconut oil and olive oil with stirring. Warm the concoction till its warm to the touch. Massage your scalp with the mixture in a circular motion. Rinse with water after 30 minutes.
Hair Rinse Herbs for soft and shiny hairMix 1 Tbsp of following herbs with enough boiling water and let it stand for 1/2 an hour. Add 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and mix well. Shampoo your hair. Pour mixture over hair repeatedly. Vinegar will seal the hair cuticle. Use the herbs as following: For hair general care: rosemary leaves, nettle, burdock root, elder flowers For dry hair: chamomile flowers, comfrey root, nettle, elder flowers For oily hair: lemon peel, peppermint, lemongrass
Mask To Grow Long HairGrind black pepper and lemon seeds in equal amounts and make a paste in water and apply on your hair and scalp. Wash after 15 minutes with cold water.
- For Bouncing HairBoil sliced okra (bhindi) untill it becomes slippery. Let it cool and add 4-5 drops of lemon. Use this as the last rinse.
Mask For Shining HairMix juice of one fresh orange, water, 1 tablespoon Honey and a few drops (5-7) of sandalwood oil. Use as an after-shampoo rinse. Beat two eggs in a tablespoon of milk and apply on your hair. Rinse your hair after 5-7 minutes to get an instant shining. Add a 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in water and rinse your hair.
Banana Hair Mask for shining hairThis mask is for shining, strong and voluminous hair.Peel 2 bananas and puree them in the blender. Pour in a bowl and mix 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Combine all the ingredients. Apply this banana mask on your hair and leave it for about 30 minutes. Wash your hair with lukewarm water. You may add 2-3 drops of essential oil to reduce the smell of mayonnaise. Save the left-over mask in an air-tight container and refrigerate it and re-use it later.
For Damaged HairMash a ripe banana with a few drops of almond oil and massage into hair. Leave it for about 15 minutes. Rinse with soda water and then shampoo and condition.
Mask For Falling Hair, Hair LossRub Indian gooseberry (Amla) into the scalp regularly. It can show wonderful results, it will stop hair falling. Eat a protein rich diet inluding green leafy vegetables, carrots, mango, dried apricots, whole grain cereals, sprouts, lentils in the daily diet for the hair loss and falling hair.
Mask For Split End HairSplit ends in hair are caused when they are damaged by strong shampoo or heat from hair dryer. Following are some cures for split hair.
- Massage coconut oil on your head and then dip the ends of your hair in hot coconut oil. Wrap a towel dipped in hot water and squeezed, around the head. Wash with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Make a pack by beating 1 egg yolk in a mixture of 2 Tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp honey. Massage on hair in thoroughly and then wrap head with shower cap for half an hour. Wash.
- Massage hair and scalp with warm olive oil and wrap head with shower cap and leave for overnight or for 8-10 hours. Wash. You can alternately do the following: Take 1/2 cup olive oil in 1/2 cup boiling water in a bottle and put its cap. Shake the bottle vigorsly. Massage thoroughly in hair and cover with a shower cap. Leave for 1/2 hour, then wash. Take care of your hands and head because the water is hot.
- A papaya pack is a great natural care of hair split end. Remove the skin and the seeds of a ripe papayaand blend it in a blender. Add to it half a cup of yogurt and apply thoroughly to your scalp and hair. Wash after 30 mintues with warm water.
- Grind half a cup of urad dal (black lentil) with 1 Tbsp of fenugreek (methi) seeds to a coarse powder. Add half a cup of yogurt and mix well. Apply generously all over the scalp. apply thoroughly to your scalp and hair. Wash after 2-3 hours with warm water.
- Oil your hair twice a week with coconut oil mixed with fresh lime juice.
- Wash your hair with cold water after shampooing your hair. This closes any open pores on the head and seals the hair strands.
- It is always better to keep the split end trimmed, otherwise, they may split further up the hair.
Frizzy HairMake an after-shampoo rinse by mixing one tablepsoon of honey to a liter of water. Use it after every hair wash with your usual shampoo.
Greasy HairGreasy hair are mainly due to becoming sebaceous glands overactive. You should avoid too much brushing of hair. Wash your hair frequently with a nourishing shampoo for greasy hair.