The aging is a natural process, no body can prevent it. For some, it can begin at an early age, while for others at a later age. As the skin ages, it loses its elasticity, thereby losing its ability to regain its shape. The signs of aging are lack of skin elasticity and loss of firmness, roughness and dryness of skin. In advanced stage of aging, fine lines and wrinkles appear, not only on face, but also on neck, throat, and hands.
The problems of skin aging should be treated carefully.
Causes of Skin Aging
- Sun expossure
- Eating of wrong foods
- Less intake of water and other fluidsleads to dehydration.
- Eating of fatty, oily foods
- Using soaps with harsh chemical ingredients
Read details below the effect of skin aging and the option for anti aging skin care treatment and remedy.
Homemade Beauty Recipes
Homemade body scrubs
Acne home remedies
Acne scars removal
Get Fair Skin Complexion
Dark circles under eyes remedies
Homemade facial masks
Home Remedies for glowing skin
Foods for healthy skin
Facial hair home remedy
Blackheads & whiteheads home Remedies
Yoga facial exercises
Wrinkles home remedies
home remedies for dandruff
home remedies for grey hair
Signs & Symptoms of Skin Aging
The aging of our skin is due to two broad processes: chronological aging and photo aging.
- Chronological aging is due to structural, functional and metabolic changes in the skin. Symptoms of chronological aging are:
- Dry and Thin Skin
The top layers lose more moisture due to the aging process. Older skin renews itself every four to six weeks, while young skin renews every three to four weeks. The older skin has a dry and dehydrated appearance.
- Fine Wrinkles
Diminished production of collagen leads to fine wrinkles around the eyes, forehead and other sun-exposed areas, facial expression lines and sagging folds over the eyelids, neck, jaw, and arms.
- Abnormal Blood Vessels.
Abnormalities develop within small blood vessels supplying nutrients to the skin, particularly over the nose and cheeks.
- Age Spots
as a result of a decrease in the number and function of pigment cells in sun-exposed areas.
- Benign and malignant skin tumors
due to the deterioration of the skin's immune system.
- Dry and Thin Skin
- Photo ageing involves damage to the collagen and elastic fibers in the skin. Overexposure to ultraviolet sunlight is responsible for tanning, wrinkling and sunburn. The ultraviolet light increases the production of proteolytic enzymes that break down collagen that may damage skin. The amount of wrinkles present is highly dependent on the amount of sun exposure, besides genetic factors.
Anti Aging Skin Treatment
The important factors of anti-aging skin treatment or restoration of youthful skin must consider:
- Collagen replacement. Collagen is a major body protein and is the main constituent of the extra-cellular matrix. The reduction in the quantity of collagen results in skin that is less thin and less elastic
- strengthening the vascular walls of small blood vessels that supply the skin,
- increasing immunity to reduce cancer risks
- avoiding direct and indirect exposure to the sun for extended periods of time.
- wearing a sunscreen.
- Do facial exercises to treat sagging skin.
- Use a peel for ageing skin.
Foods that Protect Against Skin Aging
There are two categories of anti aging foods as given below.
- Antioxidants for skin
Vitamin C in the most importtant food for skin which makes collagen which keeps the skin elastic. Blueberries, grape seeds and bright colored fruits help the skin and tissue fortification and prevent early sagging. Know more about foods high in antioxidants.
Omega-3 oils (Benefits of Omega 3) and omega-6 oil are very beneficial for the skin as they help plump up the skin cells and make the skin softer. Omega-3 oil is found in fish oil, flaxseed and walnuts. and Omega-6 oil is present in olive oil, cold pressed vegetable oils, avocados, nuts and seeds.