The wholewheat Atta ladoos are very easy and quick to make at home and they tast very good too.
Recipe type: Reduced fat
Preparation time: 30 minute
- Atta whole wheat, 1 cup
- Sugar, 3/4 cup or to taste, powdered
- Cardamom, freshly powdered, 1/8 tsp
- Ghee, 10-15 tsp (or refined oil)
- Almonds flakes (skin removed), about 10-15 (or cashews pieces or raisins)
- Heat ghee in a skillet to melt it. Add atta and roast it on medium heat until it turns light brown. It will give an aroma.
- Mix almond flakes (or cashews pieces) and cardamom powder. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool.
- When the mixture is at room temperature, mix sugar well. Make balls of about ping-pong size.
Note: Do not add sugar when the atta mixture is hot. Sugar will melt and you will not get round shaped ladoos.
You can replace ghee with 1/3rd ghee, 1/3rd canola oil and 1/3rd low saturated fat butter (i.e. 5 tsp each) to make the recipe healthy.
Healthy dessert recipes | How to make chasni | Khoya or Mawa recipe| Nutrition facts of Milk | Ras Malai recipe | Rasgulla recipe | Milk Burfi | Almond burfi recipe | Khajoor burfi | Kaju Katli recipe | Shrikhand recipe | Kheer Recipe | Gulab Jamun recipe | Carrot halwa recipe | Sooji halwa recipe| Moon dal halwa recipe| Kasaar Aata Gud Burfi | Besan ladoo recipe | Calories in Rasgulla | Calories in Gulab Jamun